+12.+

I ran over to my mom when the plane landed and I walked into the airport. She hugged me tightly, but I had to be careful hugging her even though I wanted to embrace her tightly. After a moment, she pulled away and ran her hands down my head, smiling, “Nice to have you home. It’s one thing to go off to another state, but another country? Please don’t break my heart by being gone for so long again.” she said, chuckling. She looked behind me and her eyes widen, “Rafael?” she asked excitedly.

I stepped away as my mom greet Rafael and gave my sister a small smile, “Hey.”

She shook her head at me before hugging me, “Lord Courtney.”

“You didn’t tell her, right?” I whispered in her ear.

“You think she’ll be this calm if I did?” she whispered back before pulling away. She pulled me back close to her though, “Even I know there’s some things she should know and not know. Rafael!” Nevaeh said in excitement as she moved around me and hugged him. “It’s been so long. Look at how tall you are now! You know they say most Nephilim men aren’t as tall as they use to be, but you look pretty tall.”

I bent down and smiled at my three and half year old nephew. I held my arms open and Azariah ran into them, hugging me. I hugged him, ruffling his curly dark hair, “Oh, I missed you so much you little rugrat.”

“I was worried for you.” he said as we pulled away. He was frowning, “I didn’t like you down there.”

I nodded, “I’m home now, though. I’m not goanna go down there again, I promise.”

As I stood up, my mom wrapped her arm around Rafael, “No offence, Rafael, but I’m surprise to see you were the one to come back here. What was that guy name, Courtney? It started with a K. Hmm, what was it?”

I closed my eyes as my back stiffen, holding my hand up, “Mom, no. Lets not, lets just forget about him.” I said as I opened my eyes and she looked confused. “Keiran and I—we didn’t work out. Rafael though wanted to come back up though.” I said.

“This is perfect.” Nevaeh said quickly before my mom could start asking questioned. “It’ll be fun to have another Nephilim around. Rafael, I want you to meet Azariah!” she said as she pulled him over and went behind Azariah, putting her hands on his shoulders. Azariah looked up at Rafael with curious eyes, “Azariah, this is Rafael Fuego. He’s grandma Aracelia nephew and my cousin. Meaning he’s your second cousin. Rafael, this is my son.” she said, rather proudly as she ran her fingers threw his curly hair.

Azariah held his hand up and Rafael put his hand in his to shake, “You love Auntie Court?” he asked, making Rafael eyes widen and even red on his russet cheeks.

I bent down, ruffling his hair with my hands, “Oh you little know it all weirdo.” I said, kissing his cheek.

“Ezra, you know not to get into people feelings.” Nevaeh said.

“Even on people I meet?” he asked. “How do I know if I like him or not?”

“By talking to him.” she said. “You know you weren’t supposed to. Don’t act innocent.”

Azariah just giggled.

+

Rafael smiled as he looked at picture on my dresser. It was just a few pictures from the last couple of years. Nothing special but he must have found them special for some reason. “You may have said your life was boring, but you clearly had allot of love.”

“What do you mean?” I asked as I walked over next to him. “You had allot of love.”

“My father was the type to take pictures.” he said. “Pictures can hold allot of memories. I may have three of when I was little.”