Chapter 19

"So what's your name?" I whisper to him. "My name is Gadget but everyone just calls me rookie" he whispers back, almost inaudible. He reminded me of a familiar albino hedgehog that I know. I smile. He seems so friendly. "How did you get here in the first place?" I smile trying not to bring any bad memories back if there was any along with his reasoning.

"The government found out I was pregnant, I'm refusing to tell them who my lover is though. It pains me but I have to protect him. They said they will come back and give me one last chance to confess or the outcome will be a lot worse." He replies. "Like what?" I question. I want to know what it's really like here, alongside the cold and dark rooms and halls. "Force a DNA test on the baby to find the fathers DNA then use that to track him down." He says. "I will be outta here before then hopefully, and able to go back into hiding." I notice that we need to start moving and not just stand here talking.

I begin to walk. "Oh, well do you know what they do to people that have run away from them and gone into hiding but then they get caught, but while they were hiding one of them had gotten the other pregnant and it was against the law?" He stares at me. "That's oddly pacific but... I know what happens in that situation" he continues hesitantly "well... first of all they gather you and engage you. They will work out your punishments, which are usually that the father gets tortured until the pain is too painful to bare, but no one really knows what happens to the herm, I don't know what's happening to me for my punishment, the punishment usually takes up to 2 days or less to start but mine is a longer wait time because they need me to figure out that father of my baby." I look, my eyes beginning to water as I hear a scream of pain coming down the hall, it sounded too familiar for comfort.

I realise what part of the prison we had sneaked into. The seme area. Where all the semes are kept, so they are away from their ukes. I travel down the hall with rookie. "Shadow." I sense. I knew it was him, I could smell his scent. It was fresh. The scream had gotten louder. I think that's when rookie noticed who this was. "Oh, your mate. Sonic you'll have to be careful, if they see you here you will be killed." He states. Hot liquid was now flowing down my cheeks, that was because I had heard the screams of my lover that were very rare. He would have to be in unbearable pain for someone to make him scream as much as that.

I peak my head round the corner slightly to see that my lover was attached to a machine that his wrists and ankles were attached to, a head set on, covering his eyes, almost like a VR. There was a sign that read 'Beware! Nightmare Reality in progress' i looked at shadows expressions from what I could see. His muzzle was stiffened and crumpled. His ears were flattened and his hands in fists. He looked so scared. Every so often he would scream mad his arms and legs would tense up, making you notice his veins that were pumping out. He looked so helpless.

"I'll save you" I whisper under my breath. I think rookie took my slight statement into account, and said "Sonic, don't. You could get caught and everything you have could be lost." I ignore the red fox and got out of our well hidden hiding place. I shut off the machine as fast as I could and ensured that I didn't hurt the baby in the process. "Shadow.." I took of the mask. He looked so terrified. I got him out until I heard a gun call at us to stop. That's when rookie got out of his hiding spot and all three of us ran, me and rookie made sure we didn't hurt the babies though.

This is when the horrible and life scaring thing took place. The thing that changed my view on everything forever. My biggest fear of all time... greater then my fear of water. This was it... the part where I finally forced myself to give up...

All because of what is about to happen...