VIII

~Gabe P. O. V. ~

I exit the apartment. Placing the silver case in the trunk I can finally make my way to the warehouse. Like the inpatient person I am. I'm in and out of traffic.
Almost drifting the car on one of the sharp corners before arriving at the warehouse.
Slamming the breaks I feel my body going forward because of Inertia.

Walking into the warehouse it is nothing I expected. The place is a complete mess. I cleaned the place like a week ago and the frat guys already partied in here. Grabbing a broom I start to sweep the place once again. Pushing the red cups with the broom into a lower level of the warehouse. Within 30 minutes the place is free of red cups that littered the whole place. Walking to the car with the keys in one hand I pop the trunk to retrieve the big roll of heavy duty plastic. Lifting the roll slowly and carefully I make it to the table I placed in the middle of the warehouse. Stapling the first end of plastic to the table. I wrap the whole table in the plastic. Making sure even the under side of the table has plastic I move the table making space to cover the floor with plastic. Measuring the exact size of how big I want the make shift room. I mark the spots with red tape.

Soft classical music is playing from the cars stereo. I hum to it while tapeing the plastic to the ground.

After the ground I move a floor up and hang railings from the upper level. The railings will be keeping up more plastic to ensure that there Will be no micro blood drops on the paving.
Securing the rope where I tied it. It seems okay. Not very decently done but it will do. Taking a small break I open a bottle of beer and take a seat in the car. Taking it the classical music note by note. Sipping the beer enjoying each second of preparation.

After the third sip of beer I place it in the cup holder and get back to work. Covering the extra table that will be holding my surgical supplies needed to complete this miner operation.
Hanging plastic from the ropes to create a room effect. The murder scene is all in place.

Hanging the first layer of plastic on the railing. The second layer over the first. Tapeing the loose ends of plastic to the floor.

The preperation part of the murder is almost completed. The only thing needed now is the body.
Grabbing the little bit of plastic that has remained. I speed walk to the car.
Flooring the gas petal I make my way back to the apartment. Flying through traffic. I'm back at the apartment in 20 minutes.

Entering the apartment I move to my study to grab the Rohypnol from the safe underneath the floor boards. "Ashley! Are you here?"  No answer. "Ashley?" I say ask a little harder. Yet no answer.

Moving to the bedroom I hear a crack on the floor but it is not coming from the bedroom. It is coming from the storage compartment in the hallway.
The slower I breath and the lighter I move I can hear a second breath.

The closer I get to the storage compartment the breathing of the person in the confined space becomes more uneven.
Moving my hand to the handle on the door, I hear a small voice. "Gabe." it is coming from behind me. Placing the cap over the needle and putting it in my back pocket when I turn around. "Max!?"

Max is my younger sister. "What are you doing here?" I ask her. Before she can answer, "how did you get in my apartment?".
"The door was open Gabe. I'm here because we had plans for the weekend. Where is Ashley? Did you break up?" my baby sister asks so much questions. How come I haven't killed her yet? Maybe she will be my next victim. Answers, what did she ask? Ashley. "I don't know where Ashley is. She maybe went out to get more groceries." I calmly answered. Break up. "Oh. And we did not break up." I say moving past her.

I rush to my study. I left the floor boards open. How did she not see the hole in the floor? Maybe she saw it and never mentioned it. Why did she not knock before entering? Who is the person the hallway storage compartment? "Max? Can you maybe make yourself disappear for an hour or two?" I ask her. "Not to be rude, but the place is a mess. I'll grab your things from the car." I say not waiting for an answer I move past her grabbing her car keys from her hand. Man she has money. McClaren for a car. I wonder if she is going to marry for money or love.
Most probably for love.

Opening the backseat I grab her fancy bags from the car and close the door with my foot making sure to leave a little mark. A nice size 11 boot mark on the matte black door.
Entering the apartment once again I see that Max has made herself home because she has a cup of coffee in one hand and is seated at the kitchen table doing some kind of paper work.
"shall I only put your bags in the room or leave them here?" I ask my sister before she gives me a piece of her mind. "In my room please." she says. I swear she took out $10 to give it to me. Her bags are heavy and she has 6 of them. Being the person I am I did not want to walk to her fancy ass car twice. Not even placing the bags neat, I leave the room. Walking to my baby sister. " Here you go." I hand her the keys. "Now make yourself scarce."

She takes the keys and leaves my apartment. When the door closes.

I move back to the storage compartment in the hallway. This time with a little rush in my movement. Opening the door, Nothing no one. "ugh!" I say and slam the doors close. "Very funny Ashley. This Apartment is only so big. Don't thing I'm not gonna find you." I say out into the open. Not knowing if it really is Ashley in the house.