Chapter Two

The following morning, I woke up a little later than I usually did, as the morning sun was streaming through my curtains and hit my eyes.
I screamed in my pillow before getting up and going to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face again.

Quickly tossing my lightly damp hair from yesterday's shower, into a 'I have three kids and a mortgage' bun, I shoved on leggings, a hoodie and a pair of trainers before making my way downtow- 'STOP DAYDREAMING.' I was forced to tell myself as I began to daydream of Terry Crews singing A Thousand Miles in White Chicks.

Rushing downstairs, I greeted mom and dad who were dressed and ready to leave for work. My Nanna was here to babysit Jordan who was currently wearing his breakfast rather than eating it. Jack had his school uniform on and was eating my fruit loops. Narrowing my eyes at him, I took a piece toast and smothered it in peanut butter. I love peanuts - did I mention that? Like, an actual whore for peanuts.

Yup, that's me.

Jesse ran down the stairs wearing a black t-shirt, black joggers and black trainers.
Seriously, this boy and the colour black. If I thought I loved that colour, then Jesse was obsessed with it.

He swiped my toast piece and took a huge chunk before realising what was on it.
He ran to the bin and spat it out as his eyes turned to slits whilst glaring at me. I gave him a toothy grin.

He hated peanuts.

Ironic right? One twin loves them whilst the other acts like they're Satan's favourite snacks.

Mom was rushing around, trying to gather all her shit whilst simultaneously trying to wipe Jordan's mouth. I don't get why she's acting like she's the one due in court today for letting all the animals out of the cages at the animal shelter?

Yes, I shamelessly read her files whilst her back was turned. There's some seriously juicy stuff in there I'm telling you. I almost feel like Spencer Hastings whenever she's not here.

My grandma's eyes lit up once she realised Jesse was down. That smile, I'm telling you, could be the Northern Lights alone. She jumped up and hugged him claiming she'd missed him so much. It had been 20 hours since she last saw him.
I rolled my eyes as Jesse mouthed 'I'm the favourite' to me.

I slyly flashed him my middle finger, hoping Nanna didn't see, before grabbing another piece of toast. I looked out of the kitchen window to see that the Mercedes from the neighbour's driveway was gone.

The hell? We're not that bad of a neighbour. Well, at least I'm not. The previous neighbours who lived there were a young couple, clearly in the honeymoon. I say clearly with a bitter memory, as I recall the countless times I had to plug my ears.
Luckily for the rest of my family, their bedrooms were on the other side of the house. I was stuck with the horny, energiser bunnies who's bedroom was merely 3 metres away from mine. It was like they injected red bull into their veins every damn morning.

It was until that one unfortunate day, there was this deafening noise coming from the porch. Apparently, Mom and Dad were on their way to the car when they found couple at it. Literally on their front door. I remember her shrieking with horror whilst slapping a hand across Dad's eyes as he resisted the urge to burst out laughing.

Anyways, she started going off at them at how she's going to call the cops because she's got young kids. And then, they were never seen again...

Mom snitched and the landlord got rid of them.
Jesse and I laughed about the incident for weeks on end which infuriated Mom as Dad would hold back his laughter - for the sake of my Mom.