Chapter Six

Hi. So I don't really talk to you guys before the chapter but I wanted to give you a quick heads up before you read. This chapter contains sensitive topics regarding sexual abuse and a possible spoiler if you haven't read the book Lolita. If you're a young reader, then I don't recommend you read it and should probably skip the chapter.

———

I was seething the following morning as I made my way into school. Stalking to the lockers, I felt the sudden urge to scream at something or better yet, someone.

Jesse thought he'd play the Good Samaritan and invite West to carpool with us. Everyday.

I could barely stand the asshole as it is, then I find out he's our new neighbour, I share a damn grade with him whilst his deadbeat girlfriend wishes she could stab me with a fork and now I have to see his face first thing!

You could just drive yourself to school?

My subconscious tried to reason with me.

No! I carpooled with Jesse first.

A high pitched voice pulled me out of my internal debate and I stopped myself from wedging my head between my locker and slamming the door shut.

"Can't keep your hands to yourself, can you?" Savannah Not So Nice said behind me.

Taking a big, big breath in, I turned around to face the she-devil.
"And what exactly are you referring to there?"

"You. With your grubby hands all over MY man." She spat.

"There's plenty more fish in the sea Savannah, I'm not interested in the piranha you've hooked onto."

Taking a large step towards me, she stared down at me with a menacing glare, her heels giving her the extra height she obviously didn't need.

She's going to end up walking into the doorframe if she gets any taller.

"West doesn't go for ugly whores like you and he sure as hell hates having you anywhere near him so do us all a favour and drive off a cliff."

What the hell do I reply with? I was taken aback with how nasty she became all of a sudden.

I was shocked for a good few seconds before I blurted out the first thing that came to my mind.

"Your breath stinks." I told her.

She gasped loudly and took a step back from me.
I was forced to hold back my laughter as she frantically looked through her bag, her hair covering her face. Shit, that really must have hit hard.

West snuck up behind her and grabbed her waist, she jumped as she turned around, her sneer turned into an ugly smile and she started talking to him in a weird baby voice.

Rolling my eyes, I turned around to grab my English textbooks and walked away from the duo who were furiously making out against the lockers.

I gave Savannah one more look over my shoulder and discreetly waved my hand across my face as if to tell her 'I can smell your breath from a mile away' as her face reddened by the second.