Chapter Three

Soon after school had ended, Faye and I went to the girl's locker room.
It was that time. I shuddered.

The dance period. We were required to have a dance period at the end of school for all of the cheerleaders.
It was a compulsory 'lesson' for the girls to attend. At least until we had our routine sorted.

Changing into my dance/workout clothes which consisted of a black off-shoulder top and cropped yoga pants.
Faye and all other cheerleaders were required to practise in their cheerleading uniform to make this practise seem more 'realistic' for any upcoming soccer games they had to perform at.

We could only practise in our school gym for multiple reasons:
1) we can't go out onto the fields and perform as we would distract the soccer players or we would get distracted by them.
2) The gym was huge and gave us enough space.
3) We has built in speakers where we could play our own music by connecting the speakers with our phones.
4) We got privacy.

Putting ourselves to good work before the rest of the girls arrived, Faye and I removed any benches in sight and laid out cushion like mats around the perimeter of the gym in case someone went flying into the wall during their practise - trust me, we've had too many incidents in this dance period to not be taking this precaution.

We also brought out a slide of mirrors that covered a whole wall for us to look at ourselves dancing; an expensive courtesy of the student body and their plans of making the school more 'fun'.  The mirrors actually made it feel and look more like a dance studio than anything else.

By the time we had finished our set up, all the girls arrived.
We had a mix of them; some nice, some quiet, some catty as hell thinking they can dance like some professional but look like drugged up raccoons and then you had the biggest bitch of them all; Savannah Nice.

Her parents really did give her the wrong last name.
Savannah was your typical, popular bitch.
Her mother was also a lawyer like my parents; they worked in the same office therefore were required to professionally cooperate.

Deep down, Savannah was the good girl. She just turned into a bitchy rat whenever she felt there was some competition hitting town.

It was I. The real slim shady.
I was the competition apparently.
We both had rich parents, our mothers were lawyers, we could afford the nice side of things, we were both blonde and we both were pretty, I guess.

Except, Savannah could say the most vicious things and still believe there was nothing wrong in saying it.

One thing that had Savannah's eye twitching was the fact that she had to follow my lead; she also had signed up to become the dance leader but I (or Jesse) got there first.

"5, 6, 7, 8"
The girls chose a song between them and we just got to work. There wasn't much dance to the routine as it was mainly for the cheerleaders to start throwing themselves around.

That's not for me sir. I kind of like the ground.

Amidst the routine, I noticed a group of the girls doing their own, confident thing.
Remember the scene in Pitch Perfect where Stacey begins making the dance moves to 'I saw the sign' really sexual. Yeah, we kind of had a problem here. For the 9th time this week.

"No! Uh-uh not happening! There'll be parents and kids at the soccer match!" I explained to them frustratedly.

"Oh my God Tara, you're so boring! We aren't even changing the moves. You're being prissy!"

"Firstly, stop screeching in my ear Savannah and secondly, I'M your dance leader so you'll all listen to me." I tell them slowly.

"You're acting like a virgin, did you know that?" Savannah asked me.