Chapter 1

Beep, Beep, Beep! I slam my fist onto the infuriating alarm clock. Why does it always have that annoying tone so repetitive and loud. I guess that's what it's for, but couldn't they have picked something else like maybe a bird chirping or at the least a soothing waterfall.

    I guess I'm trying to postpone the inevitable, by thinking about a minor thing such as an alarm clock.

    Wow, I'm so pathetic I actually wasted quite a bit of time pondering this.

    "Kenna hurry up your going to be late!" I hear mom yell from somewhere downstairs.

    Hmmp whatever, the last day shouldn't change what I've been doing since the beginning of high school.

    I get up and comb my knotted mop of jet black hair. Only to finally give in and put it into a messy ponytail.

    I put on my usual attire which consists of tight faded jeans, a cropped black top with a well designed picture of a wilting rose, and my faithful dark blue sneakers with a faded star on the side. Then I wash my face and brush my teeth.

    I head downstairs and see my mom preparing her coffee I try sneak quietly by, but I swear mom has supernatural hearing.

    Hon, get something to eat before you go, she says calmly. I sigh in response and take a granola bar from the counter and stick it in my bag.

    "Here please try this I think you'll look so pretty in this color" Mom says excitedly. It's a coral pink lip gloss with sparkles, that I distinctly remember throwing in my closet.

    "Mom please don't make me!!!" I plead.

Mom counters by saying. "You promised remember and it's only one day, I'm not asking you to wear a dress or paint your nails."

    I eventually give up, knowing I couldn't win, and apply a tiny bit of the gloss. Mom always got her way one way or another.

    I hear a loud honk from outside, I grab my bag, and begin to speed walk to the door before my mom can ask me to do something else.

    Thank god I was successful in my escape. I see my two friends Kai and Nicky in this old fashioned red Lexus with a dent in the front from our last adventure. I had a major hangover after, but so worth it. I hopped in the back and realized my friends were staring at me.

    They looked at me like I grew a second head. "What!" I asked, clear annoyance in my voice.

    "Oh my gosh Nicky look at our little Ken all grown up!!!!!" Kai exclaims, then they both hold each other and sob. Wiping away heavy streams of fake tears.

    I realize there talking about my unusually shiny lips. "Mom made me so don't say another word!!" They both look at each other then at me and say "another word" in unison. You guys are so stupid!! I say half jokingly holding a small smile.

    That's why you love us!! Nicky says confidently. That's where your sadly wrong I only love you because of this sweet ride. I retort sarcastically.

    "Hey don't hate on Reddy." Nicky said with clear over protection.     "Reddy?" I say at the brink of laughter.

"It's the best I could think of at short notice." Nicky says shrugging her shoulders.

    We all burst out laughing and we finally start driving. Now we are definitely late for school.

    On the way I think about what I said about loving them for the car. If I did choose friends for there cars I wouldn't choose them that's for sure. I would probably consider Jason with the Ford truck or Hailey in her red Ferrari. I chose them, because they're always there for me through thick and thin never wavering.

    I give a quick glance towards the small two story house as it shrinks in the distance. I thought I saw a shadow in my bedroom, but it's to far to tell. I assumed It was my mom and I thought nothing more of it.

                       +\/+

    The whole day went by in a blur there were tears and hugs. Nicky, Kai, and I just stood there laughing at them ,and promising each other never to act like that, when we leave high school next year.

    The finale bell rings to release us from this prison. I leave Mrs.Eden's class last, because of the stampede of teens trampling through the door. I exit trying to finish stuffing my notebooks into my bags.

     I accidentally run into someone and everything falls to the ground. I mumble an apology and look up. I feel so embarrassed because I realize who I bumped into.

    Jamie Malone the hottest guy in school, well to me anyway. He plays football and he is the star of the team. He has decent grades and is a real charmer. I come out of thought, when he starts talking to me.

    "Oh sorry there umm." Jamie says beckoning for my name.

    "I uh it's Kenna". I say quickly, avoiding his amber eyes that shine like sweet honey.

    "I'm Jamie" he says reaching for my stuff. I knew that.

    I reach down also picking up my stuff. We both reach for my ipod when our hands touch. I feel a small tingling on my finger tips. I blush and pull away quickly. I look at him and he is staring at me intently.

    I break the contact when Nicky calls my name. Thank you Nicky, I think to myself real life saver. I say sorry once again, without catching his gaze and I leave immediately.

    I start walking out with Nicky only to be immediately jumped on by Kai.       "Hey Ken what's up aren't you excited about this freedom at last!!!!" Nicky said with contagious enthusiasm. I can always count on her to brighten things up.

"You have no idea on how long I've been waiting for this day." I say smiling.

    "Freedom, Freedom,Freedom!!!!". Kai chants her volume increasing, which didn't surprise me in the slightest she's always been crazy. Nicky and I chime in too, not wanting be left out from the fun.

Making everyone stare, but we didn't care, we never do.

Omg!!!!!! This is my first time writing on Wattpad and I'm so excited!!!!

I was inspired to start writing by my best friend Korabelle (check her book out Life of a Magix) THANK YOU!!!!

I want this to have sort of a Divergent/ TFIOS/ my own element into it. You'll understand more as the story progresses. Ideas always welcomed Please!!!!

Who likes Jamie??????