Chapter 2:

**The ginger jesus himself is in this chapter, so keep reading..**

I have to admit, my Mom wasn't too excited about me leaving college. I had to hear an hour long lecture about how I'm 'just throwing my life away.' I do realize that working at the cafe and basically not doing anything else but busking on the corner is not going to get me a degree but it will give me a chance to release some stress that's been built up over these past few weeks, not to mention help me escape for a while. I assured my mom that if this bizarre idea didn't work out, I'd drop my guitar forever and find a job in the real world, even one where I possibly have to wear a pant-suit everyday, something that of course is never going to actually happen but it got my mom off my case and happier. She was a bit more pleased when I told her I sorted some things out with a living arrangement and was scheduled to move into a new apartment later on that afternoon. I explained to her how beautiful it was on the inside and how I had been contemplating on purchasing it for a few weeks now, ever since I had that discussion with my professor. He made a valid point asking why I even bothered coming to class and after seeing how perfect the small apartment was for me I realized I should probably just leave school and stop wasting mine and my professors time.

It is absolutely incredible how such a simple thing like seeing an old little apartment can open up so many doors in my head. I was a very ambitious person by nature and for some strange reason I couldn't help but get the overwhelming sense that dropping out of my studies was my way to success. 

I check and triple check that I have gathered all my belongings from my small dorm room, looking behind the door, under the bed and even in the drawers of my old wooden desk. Trash bags full of clothes and other things scattered around me as I sit, surrounding me in an almost perfect circle. I sighed, knowing that it would take Austin and I more than a few trips to get these downstairs and into the trunk of his car. I pull out my phone and ring Austin, informing him that I was ready to go and warning him that there was a lot to take to the car. He chuckles his deep chuckle and tells me he will be there in about ten minutes. "Okay," I say and I can almost hear his smile as he tells me bye and hangs up. I look around me again and see my guitar leaning against the wall. I stand and lean to grab it, being careful not to lose my balance and fall or step on any of the black bags below me. Once the guitar is securely in my hands I sit again, this time with my legs crossed, I place the instrument over my lap as I begin to absentmindedly strum a few cords. I smile, proud of the beautiful sound my guitar is making all because my fingers are making it do so. I sit like that, just playing random tunes until I hear three small knocks on my door.

"Who is it?" I ask jokingly knowing that it is only Austin.

"Police. Now let me in," He says, making his voice deeper than normal. I laugh and let him know the door is unlocked. It swings open, making an awful screeching noise as he steps in ruffling his deep brown hair. He looks down, placing a hand over his heart in artificial horror.

"Damn, Min," He says and picks up a bag, struggling with the contents and I laugh knowing that that isn't even the heaviest one. "You weren't joking, you have a lot of stuff!" I shake my head and smile at him. It appears that he really is struggling with the bag so I yank it down, allowing the contents to make a thud onto the floor. He laughs at his own weakness and picks up a few pillows and my blanket instead.

"You're absolutely useless," I joke and we both laugh, "I could have called my grandma over to do what you're doing," I gesture over to the light objects in his hands making him erupt into laughter again.

"You could have called her, but you know I'm the only one who loves you enough to actually come down here." I smile at his joke and toss another pillow at him.