Chapter 6 : The Keys

Arc : Beginning (0.6)

Love will find ways, death won't break us apart.

――――――――――✽ 

It's been hundreds of thousands of years; Xael has lost count of how many times she was transmigrated. Yes, she was continuously transmigrated into several of profile from the lowest to the highest characters one could think of ever since she operated the Afterlife 0021.

Who would imagine that what Willow said was almost accurately correct on what she's doing.

"No happiness is given without effort and sacrifice, if you want 'your' regrets to be fulfilled, then fulfill all the regrets 'you' have".

For thousands of times, Xael did her best to satisfy the regrets her current identity has. From revenge to wishes, from dirtiest to purest and finally, she was able to obtain immeasurable knowledge from her so called training.

Willow: 【 Congratulations sweetcheeks! You're now ready for the real game! 】

Apollo: 【 The host was also able to complete the worlds amazingly. This guarantees the success of gathering the keys we needed in no time. 】

After entering the first world in her training session, Willow and Apollo slowly explained the real deal of the current events.

The moment that Xael has activated the project, the three of them was required to pass several tests, unfortunately only she alone was able to pass through all of them.

Zeether was then sealed in a reddish glass coffin covered in different chains and locks while Xyther was placed in a similar one with the shade of violet, the only difference is that Xyther only has one large purplish lock. In layman's term, they were in a standby mode.

In other perspective, the locks is the empty spaced that each of the person needed to have in order to pass the test the system mentioned while the keys are the series of data Xael has to collect in order to fill that space. If she did, then the three of them could finally live in peace.

The locks in Zeether's coffin has respective keys divided into three sets; the body set with three keys, the spirit set with seven keys, and the soul set with only a single key. Yet it was unexpected that during those years in training, Xael was not able to obtain a single piece.

In the end, Apollo explained that the keys will only appear when she finishes her true mission.

On the other hand, Xyther's key was finally in her hands.

Who would ever do some work without gaining even a single thing from the end, for someone like Xael who would only move her bone if she wants to, it was impossible to instill her into earning experience with insufficient reasons.

Though it was essential in order to obtain the qualifications in the requirements, the experience she painstakingly gathered was actually the key on Xyther's lock.

Xael, who's holding an experience key, stood in front of the purplish glass coffin. She gazed at her sons face. "My son."

As she finally inserted the key, it glowed with variations of violet lights. Excited on what's happening, Xael crouched down before slowly opening the lid of the purplish glass coffin.

"...ma...mie~..."

"My... little bun...?"

Instead of freaking out more and question anyone, Xael didn't even batted an eye as she stretched out her arm to pick up her son who's now in a form of a toddler before hugging it like her life depends on it.