13: Peace

Cait's POV

I woke up with a start, Sean and Mark talking in the kitchen, their voices mumbled. I pet Chica and sighed heavily. I found my way to the kitchen and hid behind a wall.

"How can we help her if we can't do anything? Once she falls asleep there's no telling if she'll wake up again." Sean whispered, concerned.

"I don't know Jack, shes a new friend, and it pains me to know that one of my alter egos is doing this to her." Mark whispered back. Why are they talking about me behind my back?

"I know that Anti is going to show up. He can't resist causing trouble with Dark. But I'm more concerned about, you know who. Dark and Anti won't kill Cait, but what if you know who doesn't remember her?" Sean asked, his voice barely a whisper.

"Wilford will not come back! Dark saw to that. And if he does come back, we better get Cait far away from us, and anyone." Mark snapped, raising his voice.

"Maybe we should get her away from here. We need to go somewhere secluded. If Wilford does come back, we can't keep her here." Sean replied.

"I know. Sadly, it's not our decision. Right now, we keep her here. She came to us for help, and we haven't done shit. Who knows what Dark will do to her?" Mark said, and I heard them walking back out of the kitchen.

I made it seem like I was just passing by, and they yelped. I looked at them and chuckled.

"I'm looking for the bathroom, didn't mean to scare you." I said, blushing. Sean looked skeptical and walked back into the living room.

"I know you heard us. You don't have to lie." Mark said to me, looking down.

"Why is Wilford such a big deal? I'm more worried that Dark will never let me wake up again! He owns me, he said it himself. I am his puppet. I don't even know if this isn't a trick!" I shouted, shaking my head.

"I know, and I'm sorry. Dark may be very deadly, but Wilford, he's worse." Mark whispered.

"How?! Dark can kill me! Look at what he did to me while you guys were talking about me behind my back!" I yelled, lifting up my shirt and showing him the stab wounds on my pelvis and the huge 'D' on my stomach.

"Oh god..I'm so sorry." Mark said, reaching out to touch the scars. I pulled my shirt down and scoffed.

"Tell me how Wilford can do worse than this. Because right now I'd rather let Wilford kill me again." I snapped. I stormed off and walked outside and sat down in front of the pool.

"You'd rather let Wilford kill you?" Dark asked, his voice echoing in my head.

"What can I say, you bring out the worst in me. You have disfigured me, for fun. I'd welcome death sooner than going to sleep and seeing you again." I snapped, replying to him in my head.

"Then let me give you a taste of what he can do." Dark growled, and I lost control of everything. I stood up and walked towards the edge of Marks pool. I heard Sean talking and then he walked outside.

"Cait, what would you like for dinner? Cait?" Sean asked, walking up to me. He turned me around and I was shouting at him to help me, but my mouth wouldn't move.

"You think that Wilford is going to give you mercy? Like Mark said, I may be deadly, but he will crush you." Dark growled, making me back up and fall into the pool. I regained control, but Dark didn't know that I can't swim. I was sinking, struggling to swim back up. I heard someone yell, but it wasn't Sean or Mark.

I opened my eyes and saw flashes of pink. I saw a hand reach down for me and I grabbed it, the hand pulling me out of the water. I spat out the water and breathed heavily.

"What were you doing?!" Mark yelled, but I ignored him.

"I just proved a point." I gasped, shutting Dark out.

"You could've been hurt!" Sean shouted.

"And yet Wilford helped me. And now I can beat Dark. We need to find a secluded safe place. Now." I snapped, grabbing a towel from Sean and I walked away.

Wilford helped me. Dark may own me, but I can fight. I just need to get Mark to let Wilford out. Which means that I need to put myself in danger again. Wilford killed me once, and he won't let me die again because we both know that Dark will win.

I love Damien, I do. But Damien isn't there anymore, just Dark. I'd die before I would let Dark win.

I just wish I didn't have to bring Mark and Sean into this.

Dark is going to fight, and he'll bring Anti. If I lose....

Who knows what will happen. But at least I won't hurt anyone anymore.

I let Dark out. It's my job to get rid of him.

But to do that

I need to let him in.