Chapter 9

Blackmore brothers above; Principle Blackmore left & Adrian left^^^^^

Haven's POV

This is really happening. I stand in front of Platinum Records waiting to take my first steps into the real world of music. I feel like I'm either going to pass out, cry, or shit myself. I'm leaning more towards shitting myself.

After I got off the phone with Mr. Blackmore 2.0 he said that he wanted to meet with me as soon as possible so my mom called Principle Blackmore to let him know what was going on and to let my teachers know. He seemed more than happy to hear where I was going to be spending my afternoon instead of going to school.

I take a deep breath and walk into the building. I can do this. I continue to pump myself up until I reach the front desk. A bleach blonde women who looks to be in her mid-20's sits at the receptionist desk. I step up to the desk and stand there. The women whose name is Tessa based on her nametag doesn't even look up. Right now it feels like one of the movies that have a snotty receptionist/assistance that is a complete bitch.

I clear my throat. "Excuse me?" I ask trying to get her attention. She finally looks up.

"Oh dear! I'm so sorry." Tessa tells me with a hint of a southern accent coming out and pulls headphones out of her ears. That makes a lot more sense now. "I'm so sorry normally people walk by me and don't even notice the front desk." She sits up straight and looks at me. "How can I help you?"

"Um I have an appointment with Adrian Blackmore." I tell her. I really misjudged this woman. She seems very friendly now.

Tessa types on the computer in front of her. "Name please?"

"Haven Tower."

"You have a lovely name dear."

I smile, "Thank you."

"Alrighty here. It seems that Mr. Blackmore is just finishing up with another meeting so if you head over to the elevators and take them to the 38th floor and check in with Rebecca she will let Mr. Blackmore know you are here." Tessa tells me with a radiant smile on her face. It would seem like Tessa doesn't help many people when they come here.

"Thank you very much. You were a big help." I let her know hoping to boost her ego a bit. Tessa smiles a little bigger and brighter at my words. Mission accomplished.

I walk away from the desk and get in the elevator. Once I reach the 38th floor I step out and look around. The floor was an open concept with glass offices and meeting rooms. As far as I can tell there is three meeting rooms and two offices but only one of them is occupied, my guess is by Mr. Adrian Blackmore.

Adrian has similar facial features to his older brother. But the looks are more defined which leads me to believe that he works out more. Adrian does lots of cardio and weights while Principle Blackmore only runs three times a week. Both have little beards but Principle Blackmore's is more grown in with short black hair.

You can tell they are brothers from looking at them separately but they much look more like the other when they are together. My guess is that they are about four to five years a part in age. Adrian looks to be in his mid-20's while I know Principle Blackmore just turned 30.

Outside of Adrian's office sits a young woman at a desk typing away. She must be Rebecca. I walk over to her. "Excuse me. Are you Rebecca?" I ask.

The brunette woman looks up at me. "Yes I am, how may I help you?" She smiles but her eyes say she wants to kill me. Now here is the stereotype I was looking for downstairs. My bad I was off by a couple of floors.