Chapter 1. It Has Started

Angela (POV)

This is the end isn't it... What ever is left of the human race is disintegrating out of existence.

*23 more days until collision*

So this is the end of the world... I sit on top of the roof of a house, the sun is beginning to set. I can see, the closer than before, planet in the sky. The shades of blue and purple light up the sky. The planet is so bright it out shines the moon.
Why so soon? Why now?

I watch the sun retreat down past the rolling hills and past the grey clouds.

Sunset.

*22 more days until collision*

Today is June 22, 2022.
I am 17, my name is Angela, and this is the end of the world.

Scientists said this was it,
In 58 days a planet know as Kronos, would collide into earth and the human race and everything on earth would cease to exist. That was 5 weeks ago.

It started out as something no bigger than the moon but soon... it stated to grow.

People said,
"Oh, its just a star."
"Its just an asteroid."

But soon that planet would collide with earth in a matter of time.

I lay back on the cold brick and stare into the sky. Theres no escaping this, not now, not ever.
All I can do is think of my friends, my family, and the amount of time I still have left.

My friends, Anna, Kirsten, Noelani and Grace, are all downstairs packing up and getting ready to leave.
Ever since the whole "END OF THE WORLD!" Announcement, people have been going crazy.
Theres nothing worse than humans, especially in a crisis.
Theft, murder, rape, their all things the government and police don't care about anymore.
Water, food, ammunition are all very important and scarce.

I sit back up to see Grace in the window calling to me,

"Hey! You ready?"

I give her a hollow look and say,
"Yes."

Me and my friends have found each other through all this chaos. We've stayed together and have managed to survive.

Tonight were leaving for a different city, we've hit up 3 cities so far. Scavenging houses for supplies, constantly in search for ammunition and other humans.
Its brutal out there, I climb though the window and head downstairs to meet with my friends.

I head straight for the kitchen where their all stationed.

"We've been here for to long guys, we need to move quickly."

I walk in to hear Kirsten's usual talk about staying in one place for to long.
I grab a couple water bottles and fill my canteen.
All of our weapons are sprawled across a dirty counter top.
The poor family that was here before us killed themselves not wanting to die by the apocalypse.
A mother, father, and 1 child. A little girl, she looked to be 12.

They shot themselves, but died peacefully.

On the counter top are 3 hand held pistols, 2 of which are Kirsten's, the other is mine.

1 semi automatic, equipped with several rounds, which belongs to Noelani.

A spiked bat which belongs to me, 1 steel knife which is Grace's and Anna who carries the Meds, and food.

I walk over to the kitchen sink and turn on the water. I just watch it run down the sink into the drain, what has become of this life? And will I still be alive to find out?