Chapter One

"Yukihira, are you alright?"

Takumi Aldinni noticed his long time best friend lost in his thoughts his eyes pinned at the door of the reception hall. Takumi sensed the glum behaviour of the redhead ever since the day started.

"I'm fine."

Takumi sighed, sometimes the redhead seems too mysterious for him to handle. A melodic voice shattered his train of thoughts, a very pregnant Megumi strolled in front of him.

"Takumi-darling, I wanted to taste some of the wine but I realized that I'm pregnant. Hmpff." she sighed. Takumi smiled at his wife clutching her hands and leading her unto the dance floor. "Let's dance, milady." he said in a very dreamy voice, a voice that made Megumi fall for him even harder. She nodded and strolled with her husband.

Soma watched as the people marched their way into the dance floor. He sipped his wine and took notice of the newlyweds, Alice whispering something to Ryou and Ryou blushing, it was the first time Soma saw his red face and smirked, he never thought that the gloomy-poker faced guy has an ability to blush. The wedding is beautiful to be honest, it consists of white and a touch of black. Alice and Ryou is very much happy.

Every high school friends they had are there, they were all really happy well except for him. He's patiently waiting for someone. Someone he waited for the entire time, he heard the girls talking and someone mentioned her name saying that she's coming. Even Ryoko, Yuki, Megumi, Isshiki-senpai and the rest of the Polar Star Dorm team is awaiting for her return.

"Soma! It's been a long time!" Chef Gin said, Soma flashed him a smile.

"Indeed, Chef Gin! I was really looking forward to seeing you all but it seems that some of you didn't get a chance to attend, eh?" Soma said.

"That's right. All of them got a really hectic schedule for this week, what about you? How's the diner?"

Soma scratched his head, "I don't really know hehe."

Dojima Gin's eyes almost bulged out of his head, "Nani???!!! Are you saying it's closed?"

"Ah, no. My dad's running the diner by himself as of now. I'm currently travelling country to country. I decided to be a freelance chef like my Dad."

Gin nodded, "Aren't you going to open a restaurant or something? You're more than capable of it."

Soma smiled as he remembered something, "Someday Chef Gin, someday."

A flash of blonde hair suddenly blinded Soma's vision. A purple dress, a sweet smile.

Erina!

--

"Nakiri-san!"
"Erina-cchi!"
"Erina-chan!"

The Polar Star table was shooked, everyone's faces lit up. It's their last and most awaited member. Erina Nakiri.

"You guys!" She smiled and Soma's heart shattered.

It's the smile he intended to protect years back, a smile he wanted to wake up to everyday. A smile he missed so much he felt like dying.

She is currently seated between Ryoko and Megumi, she's having fun with them. Stroking Megumi's belly and listening to their stories. He wanted to go there and hug her he wanted to just be there and welcome her he wanted to know more about what happened to her in the past years that she's gone. But his legs, his legs wouldn't move, he felt dumbfounded he felt listless.

Alice ran towards her and hugged her senseless, Erina looks irritated but he knows deep inside her heart that she's glad to be here with everyone. Even though he didn't belong.

Takumi sensed Soma's distress and so he decided to call him out, he knows very well that Soma is waiting for Erina and Erina alone.

"Yukihira!" Takumi called and everyone looked over. All of his former dormmates motioned for him to come with smiles all over their faces.

Soma smiled, "Yo Nakiri!"