●Seven●

Dying embers of last night's fire crackled and flickered into nothing but glowing ash. Hypnotic wisps of smoke spiralled upwards separating until it diminished. By now the camp was awakening one by one, people talking and walking around with nothing specific to do yet.

"Eden." I jumped a little at the sudden call of my name. I swivelled around on the log to spot Octavia coming over.

"Hey, Little Blake." Octavia gave me a look that told me I wouldn't be calling her that openly. I patted the space beside me which she quickly occupied.

"Are you alright? Bellamy said he saw you last night and you didn't seem right."

Interesting. I looked up to where I knew Bellamy slept, what didn't shock me was the sight of a very shirtless Bellamy kissing some girl. Since we've been down here, it's become clear to camp, that Bellamy enjoyed sleeping around, something I wasn't fond of. Of course, Bellamy was still handsome but I doubted he liked me after the way he shouted at me yesterday. The string of girls was just another factor.

I brought my attention back to Octavia. "I'm fine. I don't know why he'd say that."

"Come on, you don't expect me to believe that, right?"

I shrugged with a fake heavy sigh. "You're right, Vi. Maybe it was just the way Bellamy shouted at me yesterday."

"He yelled at you?"

"Yeah. I think I have PTSD from it," I laughed.

"I'll have a word with him... Eden, you're staring."

"Oh." I ripped my eyes from Bellamy and back to his sister. "Sorry."

"Do you think he's attractive?" Octavia gagged.

"Sure. I also think the same about Finn, Jasper, Monty, Murphy, Wells, Callum, Miller, Sterling, Sienna. I'm sure the list could go on."

As expected, Octavia gawked at me with genuine surprise. "That's a long list."

"Yeah, but it's fine, since I don't sleep with everyone I find attractive." Bellamy glanced over at us like he knew we were talking about him, which was impossible. "Do you wanna join me with knife throwing for a while? Murphy is teaching me."

"Murphy?"

"Murphy," I verified with a nod.

"He can't even get his knife to lodge into a tree. How is he going to help you?" Octavia snickered.

"He did it once last night, which is one more than me... Plus I like his company." That wasn't a lie, Murphy really did make me laugh a lot when he wasn't being horrible.

"Fine, but I'm not talking to him."

Octavia and I jumped up to our feet and headed towards where Murphy and I were throwing knives yesterday. Once we arrived, I spotted Murphy carving into his knife.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

Murphy looked up and didn't frown, which in all honesty was a great feeling. "I lost my knife so I got a new one."

I remember seeing Murphy's initials on his knife yesterday and I distinctly remember voicing how I wanted my initials on a knife. Learning how to use one was another smart thing down here.

"Right," Murphy groaned. "Let's get on with this."

Time flew by whilst Murphy, Octavia and I stayed together. Not once had I managed to get my knife to lodge in the tree, whereas Murphy had become a pro and even Octavia could lodge a dagger a few times. It really wasn't that difficult yet I wasn't getting it at all.