So I Finally Decided to Give Myself a Reason Pt.2

Anything throughout my stories that have two of these (*) on the ends of them are part of lyrics from a song or songs that i will link you to at the end of the page in case you are interested in listening to them :)

I looked at myself in the mirror wearing the upperclassmen's uniform I had waited two long years to wear. I fixed my light messy brown hair and shaved for school , if not they would send me home, and that's the last thing I'd need on my first day as a junior. I went to a private school, pretty strict private school so it was pretty hard to show who you really were being tied down to a dress code and all. So after fixing myself up I went downstairs and said hi to my mom who had already had some breakfast laid out for me on the kitchen table.

"Good morning honey" she said as she greeted me, her face bright with joy. "Your already a junior in high school, I cant believe how quickly you've grown!". "Thanks mom" I said, with a big grin on my face. "Your father left you a note on the dining room table, remember to read it before you drive off" she said and I nodded in reply. My dad worked early in the mornings so he was already gone by the time I woke up on the week days. I ran over to read the note after I grabbed my backpack and my car keys.

The note read:

*Son, It's been a long two years. It's time to smile we've made it this far just like I said. Just like I said you would.* You have come so far, and yet you have so much ahead of you. Enjoy it while you can, and make the most of it. Seize the day, the present only lasts for so long. Have fun on your first day.

-Love Dad

After I finished reading it, I said goodbye to my mom and hopped into my car and drove off. I got to school and was greeted by a bunch of friends; we immediately started trading summer stories and exchanged homerooms. One of my best friends, Brandon, had the same homeroom as me and we walked to our new homeroom together. We met up with our friend Gabriel who also happened to be in our homeroom. We walked inside and picked out some seats for ourselves near each other. Before we knew it homeroom was over and we had our schedules in hand. I looked at mine and saw that my band class was in the k building on the other side of the school at second period. I couldn't wait!

Before I knew it my first day in my first period history class with my boring new teacher was over and I walked over to my band class. I had known the teacher before he seemed like a cool guy. I got to class and saw my friends Brandon, Gabriel, Alex, and Richard all there. This was going to be a fun class! The teacher, Mr. Cooper, greeted us all and asked us all why we were taking the class and the question came to me. Mr. Cooper said, "What's your name and what are your interests and why do you want to take the class?" I replied, "I'm Craig, and I want to learn more about music so I can learn to write better, and hopefully get serious members to make a band." He smiled and said "Oh wow, that's great! I actually have a band myself; do you guys want to hear some?" We each replied sure, and he began playing this odd sounding jazz music that was mixed with rap and odd unmatching piano solos. Many people seemed to like it but it definitely wasn't my thing. Before we left he mentioned that the school's biggest party, Beach Bash, was going to be in October, and they want people to perform outdoors. All I could think of was damn I wish I had a band.

So after school I came home and said hi to my dad and told him about my day and I ran upstairs to check my emails. I had to new ones. One from my best friend Gian, who also plays the bass and would want to start a band with me, and another from one of my friends since childhood Yadira.

Gians read:

Hey man how have you been, haven't heard from you in a week! Call me we need to go hang out soon.

I decided I'd just call him later instead of just replying and calling and decided to read Yadira's. Hers read:

Hey everyone! As you know I'm turning 16 soon and need some people to come and be a part of a dance we are doing for the party. If you are receiving this I am asking for you t please consider doing this for me, it would really mean a lot.

THANKS<3 Love Yadi

I called Gian and asked him if he was doing this sixteens dance, and we both agreed we would do it for her. Who knows maybe we can meet some new people interested in music after all of this is through. So I told Yadira that Gian and I would be happy to do it, and I hoped for some musicians to join.

Sorry the story is really slow so far, but it will get more fast paces soon, im just trying to introduce new characters while starting the opening storyline although it may seem boring its the only way i can come up with to do it. Please give me criticism :D THANKS FOR READING PT3 WILL BE UP SOON!

Music References:

* Thanks To You by Copeland http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGPys6DMc3U