So I Finally Decided to Give Myself a Reason (Series Opener)

In the song "Why Do You Run" by Ace Enders he writes "It's 5 am, and you stumble out of bed, but you leave your mind in it for a little while", and that's exactly how I feel right about now. It's the start of my third year as a student in high school and I can't believe summer is over. So I did just that, I stumbled out of my bed still half asleep since I haven't been used to getting up this early. I walked over to the bathroom and took a shower. I wasn't ready to go back to school, but honestly, who ever is? I walked out of the bathroom, went into my room, and changed into my uniform.

Once I finished I glanced over at my beautiful Takamine acoustic guitar up against a stand on the wall. Music is my life, I could never live without it and well... Neither could anyone else. I have been playing guitar for about three years up until now. I never really considered myself very good, I was just creative. I had always wanted to be in a serious band and write music that millions of people could listen to, but then again so do so many other people. What makes me any different or any better than the rest of them? Honestly I don't know what would make me different, but I know I want it more than anything else on this earth. Not for the money, or for the fame, but just to be able to have people listen to something I made, and for them to enjoy it would mean the world to me.

I'm just another kid with another dream, but I finally decided to give myself a reason to follow it. My name is Craig and this is my story.

Sorry its so short, I just wanted to make an opener for the series so there will be more coming soon! Throught the book I might mention song lyrics that inspire me as a person or that are relevant to the book so ill include links to anything that I mention in case you want to listen to it yourself and get a feeling as to what i'm trying to say in the book.. Here is the first example.

Why Do You Run by Ace Enders: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv1HOf5wZuc