Chapter 22

Saraphina couldn't fall back asleep. She felt every bit of emotion that Saphreen had felt. She waited patiently as the sun slowly began to rise over the rim of the mountains. She laid there as the sun began to quickly warm her up, reviving any lost energy from the night. She found Alice curled up in the bend of her tail still asleep. She looked up, seeing small clouds making their way across the sky. She took a deep breath. The smell of the pine and snow filled her nose. A feeling of happiness swept over as Saraphina enjoyed the early morning in silence.

Twenty minutes had passed and Icari walked into the middle of the group of sleeping dragons and stood at what seemed like attention. He took a deep breath, his chest bulging out.

"GET UUUP!" he shouted, his voice echoing off the mountains and being repeated back, creating a chorus of shouts. Many of the recruits jumped and looked around startled by the noise. With just that one shout, the whole mountain seemed alive and bustling.

"Lets go line up!" Thorn shouted, speed walking from nearby.

Every recruit scattered and formed a somewhat decent line. Saraphina stood at the end, observing all the dragons ahead of her.

"Good morning everyone," Icari said smiling. "Now I know all of you are exhausted even if you had a full night of sleep. That is normal," he said.

He was right. Every single recruits looked like they have been up all night. They all stood stiff legged and tired. A recruit here and there would do a dog stretch in an attempt to wake themselves up.

"Because you have been in a human form for a long time, your body is not used to this form, which takes a lot of energy," Jared said coming up from behind Thorn.

"That is correct. That is why you will be in your human form during the day and then your dragon form at night while you sleep," Icari said brushing his fingers through his dark hair. "It is best that you do this for a week, after that you will increase the time in dragon form until you can stay like that for an entire week. Now the matter of changing back. Imagine what your human self looks like. You have to concentrate on your soul's energy and attempt pulling it out from the crystal, same as changing to your dragon form," he said.

Every recruit was focusing on what they looked like, closing their eyes and taking deep breaths. Three of them were able to get it right away, Small amounts of smoke rising from their body and being pulled into their crystals until their noticeably smaller human selves were revealed. Hissing sounds could be heard in all directions as more recruits began changing back to their normal selves.

Saraphina closed her eyes and relaxed. She felt for herself in the crystal and focused on it. Once again she was surrounded by blue and black flames that angrily swirled to the shape of her dragon body. They began flowing to the crystal until it was only her. Once the flames disappeared, Saraphina stood there looking at her hands and body. It felt strange to know what it is like to feel, smell, see, and hear in different ways. Many of the recruits looked at her with questioning eyes. The red haired boy named Harry turned towards Icari.

"Why is she the only one that changes like that," he blurted. Saraphina stood there twirling her hair around her finger nervously. He was right. Everyone seemed to change with their bodies being enveloped with light, the shape morphing into either the dragon counterpart or back to a human.

"You want an explanation?" Icari questioned with slight agitation. Everyone turned there attention toward Icari. Even Thorn seemed interested about what he was going to say. "As you wish. As you may know, there was one dragon that created this world," he said.

"The Elder Dragon!" one recruit blurted out.

"Yes. And you also learned from your parents that after some time there was a continuation of this dragon. Children you can say." Everyone nodded in agreement.