bonding

Tom was lounging in his Atlanta house watching a movie with the rest of the cast. Zendaya was on his right, and Jacob was on his left. Tony sat on the other side of Jacob, while Laura took up a loveseat. Tom's mind reverted back to the past few days with the cast, and they actually went by great, better than he excepted.

Filming would start until a week later, but the whole cast was already close. They had a picnic the first day, and Zendaya created a game that helped them form a bond. They were going to an aquarium in a few days. So far, they've been chilling at Tom's house whether it be in his pool or in his living room watching movies, like now.

Tom was nervous at first. These people were going to be the ones that would be sharing this crazy experience with him, so he was afraid they would take it as a joke, but from what he learned about everyone, they all seemed just as nervous and just as ready to make a movie of such scale. He was happy that this was the cast he got to work with.

Eventually, the movie came to a stop. Tom hadn't even realized that the credits were rolling.

Jacob stared at the TV in disgust. "Man, how does a movie like that get so much hype but suck so bad."

Laura looked over at Jacob and said, "I thought the movie was okay."

"Yeah, but the beginning and ending could've been better", Tony said getting to grab his phone of the coffee table.

Tom looked at his phone to see the time and said, "Well, it's getting late anyways. You guys should probably get going."

"Oh, trying to kick us out?"

Tom started laughing and exclaimed, "Shut up, Zendaya! Why are you always trying to start something?"

Tom and Zendaya had gotten really close over these days. Sure, the whole cast has gotten close together, but since they had texted before, they have their own little bond.

Laura had her shoes on and opened the door for Jacob and Tony. "I'll drive you guys back, but hurry cause I'm trying to leave before a fight ensues.

"Same here."

"Me too."

Tom and Zendaya laughed as Jacob and Tony thank Laura for holding the door and exited to Laura's car. Laura turned back to Zendaya.

"Z, are you staying here until Darnell comes for you?"

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow."

Laura waved to both of them and shut the door.

Tom looks at where Laura just left and says, "I swear, sometimes, Laura acts like an older sister, or even a mom."

"I mean, she is the oldest out of all of us, but you might not want to see her like a mom, considering she is your crush in the movie."

"... Point taken."

They both sat in the room silently, scrolling through their phones. Sometimes, they were loud, but on a day like this, they were sitting in silence. It wasn't awkward, which was nice that they could be comfortable in each other's presence, not needing words to fill any void of awkwardness.

"He cheated on me."

Tom looked over at Zendaya, surprised by the sudden sentence.

"What?"

Zendaya looked at Tom. "Trevor, my boyfriend, or my ex, he cheated on me."

"Did you see him cheat?"

"Yeah, I did what you said. Confront him, and figure out what is going on. I saw him with some other girl. They were kissing."

Tom was shocked as to how someone could cheat on Zendaya. Her boyfriend lost big time because Zendaya was probably the best he would ever get. She was smart, strong willed, and talented, not to mention she was beautiful inside and out. The fact that her boyfriend would do something like that made Tom angry.

"How long were you two together?"

Zendaya looked down at her hands and said, "We started dating when we were sixteen, but I guess that did not mean anything to him."

She looked back at Tom. "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you before. I just..."

Tom shook his head a little saying, "No, it's fine. I get it."

Zendaya smiled sadly and said, "I loved him, and I thought he did too, but... I don't know."

Tom nodded understanding what she meant.

"Did you have a girlfriend that you loved?"

"Yeah, I did. We broke up a bit before Civil War came out. I was becoming more well known from the movie, and my schedule was crazy. She didn't like that, so we ended things."

Zendaya put a hand on his shoulder and squeezed a little. "That sucks."

"It's okay. We mutually ended things, so it wasn't that bad."

Zendaya's phone buzzed, and she picked it up to see that Darnell texted her. Zendaya looked back at Tom.

"Well, looks like I'm leaving."

Tom got up with Zendaya to the front door. She put on her shoes, and just as she was about to walk out, Tom caught her hand. Zendaya turned back to Tom.

"I'm sorry about your boyfriend. You didn't deserve that."

Zendaya smiled and hugged Tom. He gave back a firm hug, which lasted for a few seconds. They said their goodbyes, and Zendaya walked out, with the smile still on her face. She opened the car door and sat in the passenger seat.

Darnell looked at her questioningly. Zendaya noticed and looked back at him.

"What?"

"Did something happen?"

"No."

"Zendaya."

"What?!"

"Don't lie to me."

"Darnell, just drive."

And with that, they went back to her trailer.