chapter 13

It's not raining today which is great

It's not raining today which is great. I like rain but for this to work I don't wanna really be drenched. I woke up extra early today before my training starts with Luke, I don't really want him to know what I'm up to. I make my way inside the Jedi cave and hope Luke doesn't stumble on in here. I begin to think long and hard concentrating on finding what I'm looking for. Breathe...

Taking deep breaths and closing my eyes, searching through the force. Being as careful as possible till I find it, that feeling... I grasp onto it just how Ben did to me so many moons ago. Till I hear nothing at all besides the sounds of two people breathing.

"Rey..."

I open my eyes to see no one there, I turn and see someone to my left. They feel panicked but I cannot read their face. They are wearing tan wraps concealing their identity. Oh no! Did I do it wrong again, I'm going to be in so much trouble if Luke finds out! Still not facing me the figure then moves pieces of their wrap with one hand, the other out of sight.

 Oh no! Did I do it wrong again, I'm going to be in so much trouble if Luke finds out! Still not facing me the figure then moves pieces of their wrap with one hand, the other out of sight

"Who's there?"

They ask in the accent I'm all to happy to hear. She turns in my direction us finally meeting face to face, I let go of a breath I had held in and give a smile. She is cautious as she fully turns her body to face me, she's carrying a large sack around her shoulder that makes a loud clanking sound as she moves. I look at the sack and notice metal scraps and parts poking out. I have to play this off normally, I came to her and don't want to freak her out.

"Um hi I'm Jude... And uh I'm kinda lost. Do you know where this is, exactly?"

She looks at me suspiously.

"Did you say my name earlier?"

"What no! I said 'hey' why does that sound like your name?"

Smooth one Jude, you can't have her thinking somethings off. She seems to have bought it and gives a small smile.

"Oh sorry I must of misheard, but yes I suppose it does... My name is Rey."

"It's nice to meet you Rey, you have a beautiful name."

"Thank you... So you don't know where you are huh? How'd you get all the way out here, we are practically in the middle of nowhere. Well besides us being in a big destroyed Star Destoryer."