Chapter Eleven

~Michael's POV~

"We'll make sure it does, don't worry!" He gave me a thumbs up before opening and walking out the door. He came back wth Jake and Jeremy. "Sorry Michael, we have to go, me and Jake have somewhere to be."

"Bye, I'll see you Saturday!" I replied in my raspy voice and gave them a small weak wave.

"Bye! Hope you feel better!" They walked out the door, leaving me and Jeremy alone.

"So, you're going to be out by Saturday?" I nodded, trying minimize how much I spoke since it hurt a bit every time I did. "That's great!" Jeremy smiled and I smiled back, feeling much happier.

"So, how was your day?" I asked him and his smile faded as he grabbed a chair and sat down.

"Sucky, I didn't feel in the mood for anything knowing that my best friend was hurt"

"Didn't you have Christine? Didn't she make you feel better?"

"Not really, I've lost my spark for her. I don't know why, I just see her as a friend now" I suddenly felt hopeful, maybe I did have a chance with him.

"Are you still in a relationship then?" I asked him

"Yes but I'm planning on telling her tomorrow" To be honest, I was excited that I had a chance with him but that faded away when I saw that he wasn't smiling, just staring at the ground.

"Hey, don't worry. Everything will be alright. I know somebody who loves you more than anybody ever has and will" That seemed to attract his attention because he jolted his head up to me.

"Really? Who?" His smile was back which was great

"I can't tell you but you'll find out soon enough" I smiled back and he groaned as I laughed.

"That's not fair!" He whined, dragging out the vowels

"Too bad for you Jer-Bear" It was a nickname I used long ago and it annoyed him so much, I loved it.

"Not with the nicknames, Micha!" He struggled to come up with a nickname as I laughed my head off even though it pained me to do so.

"That's the best you can come up with? Micha?!" I continued to laugh but tried to stop as Jeremy grumbled.

"Shut up!" He playfully punched me in the arm, but it hurt.

"Ow!" I stopped laughing for a second as his looked changed from annoyed to concerned

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean-"

"It's alright, chill out" I interrupted him and let out a half-hearted chuckle, causing him to smile a bit.

"So, how was your day?" He asked while unzipping his bag as my smile faded

"Pretty terrible, I got a terrible nightmare and these therapy people kept asking me questions that I didn't feel comfortable answering" I remembered all the events of the day, they wrapped my stomach in bandages, asked me about what had happened and the clearest thing was the nightmare. I could remember every little detail even though I wanted to forget.

"Well, it's a good thing you'll be back by Saturday!" He responded in a cheery tone and I couldn't help it but smile

"Yeah, it is" I saw his looking through his bag, trying to find something. "Whatcha looking for?"

"This" He said while pulling out a couple books, one bigger than the rest. "I got you a couple books and a scrapbook of a bunch of our memories once you're able to move your arms" He set them down beside me