Chapter Twelve

~Jeremy's POV~

"Time for you to be released!" The doctor said from behind me. I saw a weak smile appear on Michael's face as I smiled as well.

"You're mother has already signed the papers, we just need you to sign as well" I heard another doctor speak up with a stack of papers in his hand and a pen on top. He picked up a couple and gave them to Michael. Michael was still trying to calm down from what I think was a nightmare but he grabbed the pen and signed his name of the pieces of paper.

"Thank you, you're free to go! Just don't apply too much pressure on your arms or stomach, you might still feel slight pain at certain moments though" He nodded and walked out of the room, the other doctors following behind him. I looked back over at Michael who was moving to the side of the bed to get up. I stood up at the same time as he did and I picked up all the books and shoved them in my backpack.

"Why are you here right now? Shouldn't you be at school right now?" He asked me, a bit confused

"No, school was over an hour ago" I replied, both of us starting to walk out.

"Oh" He looked away from me and continued walking, staring at the ground.

"Michael, I know you don't want to talk about it, but I need to know what happened in your nightmare" I was going to put my hand on his shoulder when he jolted away from me.

"And why's that? You don't need to know anything, I'm perfectly fine" He snapped at me and looked away from me again. He started to walk a bit faster, trying to get away from me but I just increased my speed as well. We both walked out of the hospital and he tried to increase his speed again but I grabbed the back of his hoodie, making him stop in his tracks.

"Michael, when I came in the room, you were tossing and turning in the bed. When I sat down, you were squeezing your eyes shut tight" He looked away from me sadly but I continued on "You were mumbling things that were barely audible but I managed to hear you saying something along the lines of 'Stop'. At some points, your face changed from scared to terrified, sometimes it looked like someone had hurt you. I tried to wake you up multiple times but no matter what I did, you would stay in that terrified state. So I need you to talk to me, please. I hate seeing you in this state"

He didn't say anything for a while but I could read people really well. Michael was the kind of person that unless it's a very sensitive subject or he was just hurt, he wouldn't cry, he would just feel the pain in his chest. He had told me that his dad told him that he shouldn't cry and that's why he tried to cry when no one was looking, when no one could see him in this state. Even if he wanted to cry, all he could feel is a pang of sadness in his chest that hurt more than crying.

He stayed silent until he finally spoke up again "It was just a nightmare, it's nothing to worry about" He turned back around and continued to walk, his hands in his pockets. I sighed and followed behind him. I didn't know what to say so we walked in complete silence until I saw Michael's house nearing us.

"Why are we heading back to your house? I thought-"

"I need to pack everything, my dad wants me out of house" He didn't show any emotion but I could tell that he was hurting on the inside, he most likely had another pang in his chest. "He probably thinks I already packed everything up and left since I've been away for so long so I'll need to be careful" He stopped in front of his house, frozen in fear.

I put my hand on his shoulder and he unfroze. He looked to his left and saw a tall tree connecting to the window of his room. He headed towards it and started to climb it, one foot after another, one branch after another. He climbed higher and higher, he climbs until the entire sun shined on his face. He unlocked the window of his room and crouched to go in.