10 years later

1982
Anatoly's POV
I woke up to my alarm as I always do. Svetlana is still sleeping next to me. Last night was the first time I have been home in three months. Svetlana waited for me to arrive home at about 11:00pm last night. I hated being away from her but she knows how much my career means to me. I love her with everything I have but me keeping my title as world champion is what has been on my mind. I kiss her head then get up and get dressed in my workout clothes. I walk downstairs to put in home gym and start my daily routine. Svetlana will get up later to start her day with making breakfast then making sure I have all I need. Today I will be happy to tell her that I will be staying here all day with her. She deserves to be with her husband. As I get about half way through my workout I see Svetlana open the door and stand in the doorway. I set the weight down on the rack then sit up on the bench. She looks gorgeous in her short nightdress. I motion her towards me and she walks over to me. She sits facing me on my lap.
"You are up rather early this morning."
"I wanted to see my husband before he has to leave again."
She said kissing my cheek.
"Well I have some good news, I will be staying here all day with you."
"But you never.."
"Shhh. You deserve to have me here with you. I have missed you for three months."
"Now how will I have to make that up to you?"
She said with a lustful smirk. I pulled her closer to my chest and she wrapped her hands around my neck.
"Maybe a kiss will help."
"That I can do."
She said kissing me. Her soft lips moved with mine in a very passionate way. I have missed kissing my lovely wife. She pulls away and puts her hands on my chest.
"I will let you get back to this."
She gets up off of me and walks to the door.
________________________________
"How long until you have to leave again?"
"Four days."
She sighed. Then looked at her feet.
"I'm sorry Svetlana, but you know how the tournament works. I hate leaving you but this is my career."
"I understand but.. I just wish I could be there with you."
"I know, I want you there too. You can blame Molokov for that."
She laughed.
"He has always been stubborn."
She sat down her book and walked over to where I was sitting. She sat next to me and leaned into my side.
"If you are going to be gone you better win."
I laughed.
"I'm only seven games away. And I will win this for us."
"What country is the hardest to beat this year?"
"Well usually it's Germany but this year they have a new American chess player. He will be the strongest of the country's."
"I know you can beat him."
"This is why I need you at my matches you give me so much motivation."
"Because I love you."
"I love you too my precious flower."
Me and Svetlana mainly talked all day. After dinner she tried to beat me in a game of chess. She even tried to distract me by kissing me but I know all her tricks. Once she was defeated we both felt tired and she went to bed while I called Molokov.
"Hey Molokov I was wondering for our match in four days can I bring Svetlana?"
"I have told you that this will distract you. This match is one of the biggest. You are facing the American..."
"That's another reason to bring her she will be my motivation."
"What will the government have to say then."
"They will see that a strong Russian Chess player and a strong Woman can both defeat and American. Please that's the only thing I'm asking."
"Uhh, Fine but if you get in trouble it's not my fault."
"Thank you good night."
"Good night."
I hung up the phone then went up stairs.
"What took you so long?"
She asked as I stepped in the room.
"I called Molokov and he said you can come with us to the next match."
"Really?! I have never been this excited since our wedding day. Thank you I love you so much!"
"I love you too. Let's get some sleep before Molokov kills me for not getting enough sleep."
"The last time he got mad at you for less sleep was the day after our wedding."
She said with a smile trying to seem innocent.
"I think you were the cause of that my dear."
"How?"
"I couldn't help but keep my hands off of your hot body."
I leaned in until she put her finger on my mouth.
"Rest my husband."
"Ok."
I fell asleep holding her in my arms and a smile in my heart.