The Diamond

"Why the rush?" You giggled as you held onto his body while he drained the tub and quickly stepped out.

"I'm about to pass the fuck out." He looked at you.

"Fair enough. At least grab a towel, then we can dry off a little bit."

Abiding by what you said, Chrollo grabbed two towels for you to hold and promptly walked to the bed. As he threw you down, you promptly began to dry off. Chrollo held his hand out, to which you threw it at him.

With the shoddiest drying job ever, Chrollo tried to get the excess water off of him before he threw the towel on the floor and collapsed into his massive bed.

"Fucked the life right out of me." He mumbled into his pillow.

"I should make you pay for it." You finished drying your hair as best as you could and then plopped down on the pillow next to him.

"Sure. Hold on." He flipped over and rummaged through his nightstand. "Here."

As he grabbed your hand, you struggled a bit, prompting him to give you a stern look.

"Hold still, I'm not going to stab you or anything." He held your left hand steady and forced what was the biggest diamond ring you had ever seen, onto your ring finger.

"Wait, wait, Chrollo, I can't--"

"You will. Now shut up and go to bed. I'm exhausted." With two loud claps, the lights shut off around you and you were stuck in the dark, with a giant diamond on your finger and about ten thousand questions running through your head.

But instead of worrying about whatever this meant, about Chrollo's emotional state or what clothes you could wear in the morning, you snuggled close to his ripped body. It honestly, wasn't comfortable to lay your head on him; too hard. So instead, you laid with his bicep under your neck, and your body sprawled over his.

As you laid next to him, you thought to yourself about how you were actually fairing. Practically stolen from your apartment and now your only belongings were possibly in the hands of people you wouldn't be able to see for quite a while. That, or they were all gone.

But in return you had this; a whole floor luxury apartment, a sexy man and something of a budding relationship. You'd been given illicit drugs, had a ton of wild sex, witnessed multiple kidnappings, was told that the sexy man was in love with you, got kidnapped, almost got killed, got strip searched, walked/was carried to a new city and now you were wearing what looked and felt like an engagement ring.

The thoughts swarmed your mind, but sleep nipped at your eyes. Slowly, and almost reluctantly, you closed your eyes and began to drift off into a deep sleep. You could deal with everything tomorrow. In fact, you had no other choice. And for once, that actually felt okay.