Chapter 1

"Elle we need help at table 1!" By boss yelled at me across the table. I glanced over at table one. The same annoying Socs that always sat there. They knew that was my table too.

"Mrs. Angie could you please have someone else take that table?" I asked politely.

"Go." She responded causing me to look down at my roller skates.

I skated over there slowly, stopping at the other tables to make my journey longer for I did not want to reach my destination.

"Hey baby." Said the one with long straight blonde hair.

"My name is Elle I'll be your server today." I mumbled never looking them in the eye. Just at my notepad.

"Well how much for a serving of you?" Asked another.

"Yeah yeah yeah, are you on the house?" They all laughed at each and every inappropriate comment. I started to role away but was grabbed by one of them.

"We didn't say we were done now did we grease?" He spoke harshly through his teeth. I shook my head while never looking him in the eyes.

"Get your hands off my girlfriend." I heard a strong accent command as the boys let me go. They pushed me back causing me to fall to the ground.

"Come on. Your shift just ended." He replied taking me out of the restaurant. I was just as scared as I was before. This guy wasn't my saving grace. This guy was Dallas Winston. And he never saves anyone.

"I'm sorry." I said not looking up once. He let go of me and I just stood there.

"What the hell are you sorry for?" He said lighting his cigarette. "You should be thanking me not apologizing."

I didn't respond. He moved toward me and I flinched hard. He mumbled under his breath. "Just like Johnny huh?"

"What?" I asked quietly and confused.

"Nothing man, come on, let's get you outta here." He said grabbing me softer than before. I slipped and fell causing us both to remember I was in roller skates. I slipped them off and held them in my hand as we walked away from the restaurant.

"Why'd you do that?" I finally asked after a few minutes of silence.

"You needed it. You ain't like other girls are you?" He looked at me curiously.

"I don't know. I don't really have any friends." I responded causing him to chuckle a little.

"What are you like?" He asked.

"I don't do much but stay at work. My parents get upset if I don't bring home enough money." I said quietly remembering the bruise my father left last time I didn't get any tips.

"You ain't gonna work there anymore." He commanded.

"I have to, if I don't he will-"

"Yeah I see what he does." Dallas interrupted looking at the small scar on my face. I looked down in shame.

"Why you keep livin there man?" He questioned me.

"He told me I could move out whenever I wanted. But I don't have anywhere to go. I guess crying myself to sleep in a bed is better than freezing to death." I responded in all honestly.

"I gotta place your gonna stay till you get on your feet."

"Why are you doing this?" I was confused at his behavior. He was supposed to be this horrible creature, Dallas Winston. But the boy I was with now wasn't evil at all. He was kind and generous.

"Cause I already said you ain't like other girls. You ain't like other greasers either, I don't know. You need help and I couldn't watch those low life Socs take advantage of someone to scared to hold their own."

I thanked him quietly and he led me to a house. He had informed me as we walked up the doors that this house wasn't his, I stopped fearfully and he reassured me everything was okay.

We walked in and the commotion slowly stopped. "Guys this is Elle." Dallas introduced me to the boys all staring at me. I looked back down at my feet. Dallas turned to me.

"See the boys on the couch, jean jacket and the one with the dark greased hair. That's Ponyboy and Johnny. Go sit with them, trust me." I listened and sat next to Johnny.

"Hi Elle, I'm Ponyboy Curtis." I shook his hand and smiled at the handsome young boy. It's a shame I was a couple years older than him.

"I'm Johnny." The dark skinned boy said in a voice quiet and similar to mine. I talked to them for a little while until Dallas came back.

"You're gonna stay here for a little while. That's Darrel. He's in changes around here, you need anything talk to him, got it?" I nodded and Dallas started to walk to the door. I jumped up and grabbed him and he turned around.

"Elle stay here." He responded. I grimaced. He sighed and looked around the living room.

"Where's Sodapop?" Dal asked.

"He left to get dinner, he'll be back soon." Darry responded. I never took my eyes off Dallas as I pleaded him to stay. I didn't know the boys. I didn't know what they'd do to me.

"Elle, I wouldn't leave you here if I didn't trust these guys. Come on." He said letting go of me. I looked back at the one he called Darry and he smiled at me.

After Dallas left I sat beside Ponyboy again. Not saying anything.

"How come Dally so sweet to ya?" The big with the Mickey shirt on asked me. I looked down.

"He saved me from some Socs. He said he felt bad cause I'm too scared to hold my own."

"Gee Dally gettin soft?" Another boy asked. I didn't respond. He informed me his name was Steve and the other boys name was Two-bit. Then it got quiet again.

"Some of y'all got weird names." I said slowly looking up and they all grinned at me.

"I go by Elle, but my name is Ella. I got teased a lot at school and people called me Cinderella. So I just shortened it to Elle." I informed them all. I could feel myself opening up.

"Why'd they call you Cinderella?" Johnny asked.

"Well I've had a job ever since I was 9. My first job was cleaning at the Weekend, that's where I waitresses until Dally came along. Some kids came in and saw me scrubbing floors so they called me Cinderella."

"Well, maybe that name isn't so bad. Maybe we can call you Cinderella cause you look kinda like her." Ponyboy attempted to cheer me up.

"What?" I asked confused at his generosity.

"Well yeah," Johnny agreed. "You're real pretty. And you got blonde hair like her too."

I laughed at their attempts to make me smile. They were cute.

"You guys aren't too bad." I responded smiling a genuine smile.

"Just wait till ya meet Sodapop. He's the most genuine and nice guy you'll ever meet." Ponyboy informed me.

"Just warning you, don't get offended if he calls you pretty girl of baby or something." Steve stated and they all agreed.

I nodded and as if I'm cue, Sodapop walked in. And I don't think I've ever seen someone so beautiful.