Chapter 3: Children of the Gods do Bonfires

Disclaimer: I do not own Camp Half-Blood, all rights reserved to Rick Riordan.

Sadie pulled me to a log and sat down. I continued to stand. It was chilly and I wished the bonfire would start already. After all it was snowing. "Sadie," I whispered sitting down next to her. "where are we?" "Camp Half-Blood." "Yeah but where's that?" "Oh, you wanted to know," I nod my head. "Long Island." "Oh, thanks." I pulled a strand of hair behind my ear. Then a man walked up. At first he seemed really tall and then I realized he was part horse. Like a centaur from Greek mythology. Wait, Sadie mentioned something about Chiron being the camps director, wasn't Chiron the trainer for heroes from Greek mythology. And wasn't Chiron a centaur. So that must mean that this is Chiron. So that meant he hadn't walked up. He had trotted up. I noticed a few kids around my age were holding swords and such. I swear that I saw a six year old with a knife.

"Alright campers! I would like to announce a few things, and then we can get started with the bonfire. First up, Jason Greene, we know what you did. Second, we have a new camper." I blushed as Sadie pulled me up. "What's your name?" He asked me. I looked up at him and said, "Katelyn Black." Standing on my tipie toes. "Well! Here we have Katelyn Black."

There was a little but of applause from one group standing in the center. They all were beautiful, not fake beautiful but real beautiful, like they woke up like that. "Who's her parent?!" Someone yelled. "Nobody yet." Chiron said nodding.

After the bonfire was over and Dadie had explained to me what exactly this camp was, I went for a walk on the shore of the lake. Then I heard a crunch in the leaves behind me. I turned around and heard a crunch.

"Who's there?" I ask a hint of nervousness in my voice. "Just us." Soon about twenty kids approached from the bushes around me. "Ares." I said in a whisper. I didn't know how I knew this but I did. They cornered me so I was standing on a rock above the lake water. "Time for you to learn your place."

Then one of the taller boys picked me up, I screamed and kicked him in the groin trying to run away. But when he dropped me another girl caught me. She had a bandana over her face and only her blue eyes and red hair were showing. "Deal with it, Blondie." And she threw me over the water.

Before I hit the water I saw the eyes if the Ares children. Their faces had a look of pure terror on it. "Crap." Said the girl who threw me in. The water exploded around me, I saw vines wrap around their feet as I plunged under water.