" famialar faces "

-love doesn't hurtExpectations do

-love doesn't hurt
Expectations do

Getting out of my Jeep. Feeling happy about the relaxing day she had. First, she went to a nail salon. Got her eyebrows done with a manicure and pedicure. Then got a really nice massage that helped with that sore spot. Now she's back at her house. Her happiness falling and dragging herself to the door. Not wanting a fight to break , especially psychical.

  She opens the door. Hearing silence which was weird for her husband. Going to their shared bedroom and seeing him naked in the bed. Not wanting to talk to him she opens the closet door to see a tan girl hurrying to get her clothes on.

  Not mad at her because with her constant fumbling she was most likely drunk in looked in her college years but mad at her husband for taking advantage of a young girl. Turning back to him as he paid no attention and was watching something stupid on tv. " You had sex with a young girl ! " He shrugged his shoulder not wanting this. Wishing that his wife wasn't so bitchy and that they made out with the girl. So they had a threesome. "She's a slut, this should be nothing new to her"

  The blood boiling in her skin as she started yelling at him. Everything in there was true but Ryan doesn't like disrespect by anyone. He gets up and harshly slaps her in the face. A stinging on her face but that was the least of her problems. He put his hand on her throat. Chocking her , making her gasping for air. Putting her tiny hands on his hand begging for him to stop with the air that was left. A smirk coming to his feature. Knowing he took control of her.

  Letting her go she brings in a huge wave of air into her lung. Feeling like she was about to past out. Dropping down to her knees. The world spinning in her head. "If you ever do that again chocking you will be the least of your problems."
He bends down to get on her level lifting up her chin. Loving the way he toke complete control over her. "Understand?" She nods and he drops her chin not caring about her anymore but wanting some food. "And make some food. I'll be at the store."

  With that, he put on his clothing that he had on the morning and goes his own way. Not caring about her anymore, just wanting some food and drinks.

  Brooklyn wipes away the tears. Finally had enough and this being the perfect time to leave. She gets up and walks to her master closet. The girl was there still but passed out and if she had enough time she would take her home but she has to leave. Silently grabbing a suitcase, she starts throwing all her clothes and shoes that she could fit.

Getting another backpack and going into her bathroom to grab all her hair and nails supplies. Seeing some space left she grabs one last pair of shoes. Having everything she needs she grabs a blanket and throws it over the girl. She grabs her phone, wallet, and keys. Leaving behind a life she worked so hard for. This beautiful two story house. She starts walking out with the bookbag over her shoulder and the suitcase rolling behind her.

Unlocking her jeep, she throws her suitcase and the book-bag in the back and closes the door. Looking at her house one more time. "I'll come back for you" she whispers to herself knowing that Ryan can't pay the bills. Opening the car door and hoping in. She closes it, not really knowing where to go. Brooklyn puts in the key and starts to drive out. Leaving behind a life and starting a new one. A better one.

  After about a two-hour drive she stops at a gas station. Feeling hungry as she hasn't had anything since breakfast. Grabbing her keys, getting out and locking the doors. She makes her way into the store.

  Still thinking about where to go. Considering going back to New York but not wanting to drive all the way over there. As she was thinking, she bumped into somebody. Immediately apologizing but stops mid-sentence when she recognizes the face.

  "Brooklyn?" She nods her head. Not really expecting to bump into her doctor. "Uh, yeah, hey" he looked at her. Feeling something off about her as she was avoiding eye contact. "so what brings y-" he stops when he sees a red mark on her face. He examines it a bit as she felt a little weird under his intense gaze. Roman saw that it was a hand and the same on her neck. He was angry, scratch that furious for anyone to put hands on a woman. Especially a beautiful one as Brooklyn.

"Brooklyn what happened" his voice was demanding, he didn't mean for it to be but this got to him. Brooklyn silently cursing to herself trying to figure out a lie but Roman saw what she was doing. "And don't lie to me" with that she sighed and finally looked him eye. Her eyes hiding a sadness that she tried to push away to tell him.

"I-uh-my husband put his hands on me" Roman was taken back but by her tiny whisper, he knew it was serious. Bringing her into a tight hug. Both of them didn't know each other but felt something between them. Brooklyn wrapped her arms around his waist. Burying her face into his chest, smelling his cologne making her body relax. After a few seconds they finally let go. Feeling the air rise with something. Brooklyn felt like she could tell him anything. "Where are you going?" She shrugged her shoulders thinking about staying at a hotel and figuring everything out there.

  "Hey why don't you stay with me" her eyes went to his. Roman didn't want anything bad happening to her, you never know what certain people can do. "No i can't-" but his is pleading eyes and adorable face she agreed. Watching his face light up made her happy. Something she hasn't felt in a long time. They walked out together, roman trying to bust out every corny joke just to see a smile on her face.