Chapter 1

A/N: I just wanted to post the song from the movie The Shape of Water even though I haven't seen the movie because I love how the song feels and how it makes me feel when I listen to it, slightly whimsical, dazed calm and enchanted. That is kinda how I want the relationship to feel like between Hux and the reader as this sort of flowy, subtle and gentle relationship at first. Plus I want Hux to like this sort of old, jazzy, relaxing music. But you won't have to worry about that for now, this chapter is more of just background information.

You looked up at your monitor screen sorting through the incoming messages and data from other First Order officials, bases and other communication and tech staff such as yourself. 

You had been working on the Star Killer base for about three months fully enjoying your work in tech and communications and proud to be serving in the military. Your parents had been wary of your want to join the military obviously concerned for your safety but you felt it as a great opportunity to gain incredible life and work experience. 

There really wasn't much to become if you stayed on your home planet of Juno, most of the people who lived there lived quietly and peacefully in forests and hills, it was a place that was very isolated from the ongoing conflict between the Resistance and the First Order which thankfully allowed you and your family to be raised in a safe and happy environment. You your mother, father and twin brother Soren all lived in a small house surrounded by woods, animals and clean streams. Your Dad was a mechanic but also dabbled in carpentry and your Mom was a nurse who worked away from the home while your Dad worked in the home, an occupation he had mainly chosen out of convenience so that he could work from home while still being there to take care of you and your brother when you were babies.

Growing up on the largely forested terrain gave you, your brother and your Dad plenty of opportunities to hunt when certain game was in season and how to handle different firearms and how to field dress the animals you hunted. Your dad gave you a lot of practical knowledge and you were grateful for that, you wanted to be able to handle yourself and knowing how to handle weapons was all part of it and it was common for most of the people in your area to know home defense anyway especially among the male population though women did handle firearms themselves too. Your mother was one of those ladies. 

She was such a model to look up to, she was strong but feminine, independent yet somewhat traditional. She's always been such a hard worker and being the parent working away from home she never got to spend as much time with you and your brother as she would have liked but always managed to make time in the evenings to make dinner so everyone could socialize and play cards afterwards. 

She and your Dad also set an example of a loving relationship, they balanced each other out in so many ways, where he lacked in smart things like paperwork and budgeting she lacked in practical tasks like mechanics and construction, in that way they were able to balance the other with skills they have to offer. They're also the most affectionate couple towards one another you had ever seen, from the time you were old enough to recollect they could always be seen holding and kissing each other with the utmost adoration for the other. Like any other couple they had their little arguments and stepped on the others nerves every once in a while but that was honestly nothing a little loving couldn't fix. They had never really tried to shield their intimacy from you and your brother, probably because there wasn't much privacy to be found in your tiny house anyway but also to show you what a married relationship should be, selfless and committed to the other.

Though the planet Juno was secluded, you and your neighbors certainly weren't ignorant of the tensions in the galaxy. It was this tension and patriotism that made you want to go into the military in the first place. You and your family were well aware that you were strong enough both mentally and physically to handle the occupation but that didn't stop their worry, you're also very intelligent, always earning fairly high marks in school in most every subject, your family didn't want those brains to go to waste either so you decided to go into the military but the more technical area of it, so communications and tech seemed to be the happy medium and allowed your family breath more easy.