Chapter 21

A/N go back to chapter 15 I you can't remember what is happening.

Also I posted chapter 20 earlier today, remember to read that before you read this.

Manon wasn't stupid, from the second she had stepped through the door, she had know it was a trap. That was why just minutes before, she had informed the Thirteen of her plan, and had told them to maim not kill. This was the only mercy she would grant such two-faced bastard's; and it was also due to the fact that she wanted to gain the Crochans trust, and killing half of them would be a waste of time and energy.

The witches stared at her, their bows in hand and she stood, waiting.
"Well, well, well." Ciara drooled, standing casually with her hands in her pocket.
"You didn't think you could come to our home and bargain with us did you? You murdered my mate, you slaughtered her like a pig and left her body to rot. Why Manon?"

Manon tensed and stepped closer to Dorian. She would not let this witch near Dorian, afraid not of what she would do to him but of what he could do to her. She heard him hiss slightly at her show of dominance bit in the end he backed down, trusting her to take the lead.

"I had no choice." She snapped, curling her fist to stop her nails from slipping out.

"No choice huh?" The other huffed, stepping closer to Manon. Her eyes were like stars, their own personal blaze.
"You always have a choice, and you chose to kill her for acceptance from your precious grandmother."

"If I didn't, my whole coven would have been murdered for show. I wasn't about to let them die for my fatal mortality. I had no choice and you know what, I regretted my decision so damn much. I saw my grandmother for what she is, a lier and a coward. She cares not for the witches under her care but more for the power offered to her by the god of hell. So no, I had no choice, I didn't have one then and I don't have one now."

"Did your sister tell you our greatest secret?" She asked, her voice smooth and soft.

Manon froze, remembering her sisters smile as she had muttered those words, so utterly unafraid of death.

We pity you

The pain in her chest became almost unbearable as she shut her eyes, Shutting out the guilt

She had a job to do.

"Yes, she told me your greatest secret. You pity us, but let me tell you this. We pity you, for having to hide yourself in the depth of the world, we pity you for not being strong enough to fight back. We pity you for being cowards and never learning. And you still haven't learned."

She felt the tension in the air become thick with fear as she let out an ear piercing whistle, a signal to the witches under her command.

Just as expected, the rest of the Thirteen came streaming from the many doors, weapons at the ready. Before the Crochan centuries had time to react, half of them were on the floor, out cold. Manon had ordered them not to kill, only to maim and although there was some disapproval from members of The Thirteen, they obeyed her. Skilled swordsmanship had the other on the floor without a single drop of blood being wasted.

The only one left standing was the leader, Cierda. It was almost with awe that the Crochan turned back to Manon, her eyes sparkling in the dimn light.

"I knew you had some tricks up your sleeve Blackbeak."

Manon smirked at this, sinking into one of the chairs that had been set out on the centre of the room. She graduated for the other witch to sit opposite her and she obeyed, sighing loudly.

"What do you want?"

"I want you to work with me, I need your army."

"Why Manon, you have 12 of your own Iron teeth and what I can see, they are quite capable. And you also have a magic wielder, a jack of all traits if I'm not mistaken."

Dorian tensed at this and Manon glanced at him, warning him with a glance

"They are not enough, not for what I want to do."

"And what is it you want to do?"

"I want to kill my grandmother."