three

TW

Dallon awoke to a knock on his door. He muttered a 'come in' and was greeted by Brendon. Dallon propped himself up on his elbow and looked towards him.

"Hi. I just want to say thanks for taking care of me last night because I sort of remember it and that was really nice o-" Brendon started to say, but stopped mid-sentence, looking horrified. Dallon gave him a quizzical look.

"Dallon... dude? What the hell happened?" He yelled. Dallon got worried. What could Brendon mean? He looked beside him, following Brendon's gaze. His mouth widened, then snapped shut. He peeked at his left arm and winced. Brendon saw. 

"Dallon, I-"

"Just leave. I can give you a ride home or whatever in a bit," Dallon said, refusing to meet Brendon's eyes. Looking concerned, Brendon turned and left the room, leaving the door slightly ajar. Dallon walked up to it and pulled it shut, twisting the lock. He sank to the floor, pulling his knees up to his chest. That was the way it worked. You forget you do it because you're so messed up at the time and then it hits you and you remember and you hate yourself and you hate yourself and you hate yourself.

Dallon got up with misty eyes, left the room and dashed to the bathroom. He locked the door and stared at his mess of a face in the mirror. He still wasn't wearing a shirt. He had a bruise near his ribs. He didn't doubt that he was the cause. His forearm was... messy. He ran it under boiling hot water until the dried blood was gone. A single tear spilled from his eye but Dallon wiped it away. He didn't deserve to cry. He was so weak. 

He got in the shower and let the hot water wash away everything. After being in there for much too long, he hopped out and, wrapped in a towel, opened the door to go to his room. Brendon was sitting on the couch, clearly not sure what to do. They made less than a second of eye contact before Dallon averted his gaze and stepped into his room. He got dressed in a navy blue sweater and grey joggers and combed through his untidy hair.

Dallon exited his room and went out to the living room to take Brendon home. He shifted awkwardly, still not meeting Brendon's eyes.

"So, um, wanna get going? We can get McDonalds on the way there or whatever," he mumbled. Brendon looked up at him, tapping his foot restlessly.

"I... uh... I don't really have anywhere to stay," he said, ashamed. He looked up.

"Can you give me like five minutes to call somebody, I'll find somewhere to stay, I'll be out of your ha-"

"Stay with me." Dallon cut Brendon off, and was surprised by the confident tone his words held. 

"Dallon, don't worry, I always find a place to stay, it won't be a problem, it's ok..." Brendon stammered.

"Fine... But don't go out of your way, I'm happy to sleep on the floor," he quietly mumbled. "I wont talk anymore." 

Dallon smiled. Brendon wasn't the cocky, outgoing rude guy that Dallon had thought he was anymore. This was a totally different side of him.

-----

a/n: hi so i do realize its been a while im not very good at updating but this is the most commited ive ever been to a story so that says a lot. imo my writing style is kind or boring but if you want you can give criticism i wont b offended aha 

-s