Monsters/ Betrayal

The mothership lost was struggling to stay afloat as the engines failed. Two of the five engines failed. But The Defenders and Eldon all stood on the roof of the ship. The Defenders all wondered why Eldon would choose now, out of all interactions, he would reveal his true identity.

"Egor? But how? Why? Why would you do this? You killed Amy!" Julia cried as she stood just inches away from Egor's face. "I don't even know who you are anymore. I thought you were my friend! You were like a father I never had!" Julia continued.

Everyone else stood behind Julia as she expressed her emotions to Egor. He stood there, in silence of course, not knowing what to say. So much for being the big and bad villain, huh?

Merlin took a step forward. He felt like he knew Egor for some reason.

"Have we met before? I just have this strange feeling like we have!" Merlin said, trying to get ahold of what was going on.

The mothership continued to descend, eventually sinking so low, that the ship started going into the big cloud of smoke. The ships first engine exploded, causing everyone to be jerked around.

It was becoming hard to see everything as the Sun started to disappear as the smoke began to fill the air once more as the ship plummeted to the ground. It was now falling faster because the third engine has failed, thanks to Valerie's handy dandy ice powers.

"I don't believe we have. I'm Egor by the way," Egor said as he took a few steps forward towards Merlin. Merlin wasn't having it. He walked up to Egor and punched him in the face.

"That's for killing my...my friend," Merlin said as he punched Egor once again in the face. "How could you? You know what. Enough talking. You're coming with us!" Merlin said as he grabbed Egor's left arm and yanked him forward.

"Julia! Open a portal back to the headquarters. Now!" Merlin yelled as Julia aimed her ring the ground. A portal slowly began to open. She then realized that the Headquarters was no more. The tower had collapsed while the mothership was attacking the city.

The portal that was slowly opened, closed. Merlin looked at Julia in anger. He knew that Egor had to pay for what he did to New York City.

"Do you realize that hundreds of people died, maybe even more! We saved the city from total destruction, yes, but we couldn't save all the people! Only if we had back-up!" Merlin stated to not just Julia, but everyone else.

"Where's Freya by chance? Have you forgotten about her?" Egor asked Merlin and the rest of the Defenders. He chuckled. He then picked Merlin up and slammed him against the ground.

"You think I was going to let you take me that easily? You thought wrong my friend, you thought wrong!" Egor said as he stood up, brushed off his robe and walked over to the edge of the ship. Just before he was about to jump off, Julia asked him a question.

"Is she really dead? Did you really kill her? Or was that another trick of yours?" Julia asked as Egor turned around and walked over to Julia.

He grabbed her hand and held it. He looked into her eyes. She looked into his eyes.

"Well I guess that's for me to know and for you to find out?" Egor said as he tightened his grip on Julia's hand. He then turned around and walked towards the end of the ship.

Merlin was badly hurt. He was slammed into the ships hull so hard, he couldn't get up on his own. It's as if Egor broke his back. He couldn't feel his legs or feet in that matter.

"It was nice seeing you all. Don't worry. This isn't the end. You'll be seeing me again very soon. This fight DOESN'T end here friends. It's only beginning!" Egor said as he held Julia's hands and jumped off the side of the ship into the thick grey smoke.

"Yes. We will be seeing you very, very soon!" Merlin said as he John ran over to him to hoist him up from lying on the ships hull.