A Reluctant Female

I wake up rubbing my eyes as I sit up. I had the craziest dream; goblins, and the kid I was babysitting was gone, and I said I'd trade my life for his, a-and there was so. Much. Glitter. I look around, jumping up as I realize it wasn't a dream. I'm in Jareth's castle, in a small room that was meant to be my bedroom. I run my hand over the red silken sheets and bite my lower lip.

   "I see that you've awoken, my dear," Comes a voice from the doorway. I turn, seeing Jareth leaning against the doorway, a smirk painted across his thin lips. I look at the floor. He doesn't deserve my gaze. He walks towards me, a gloved hand resting against the bedpost nearest me. "Oh, don't play the silent game. It won't work." I turn away from him and cross my arms as I tilt my head up. "Jessica, you look like a child. Come off of it." I keep silent. "Fine. Have it your way. Breakfast is in thirty minutes. I'd like you to be there. There's fresh clothing in the closet over there, along with makeup on the vanity if you'd like to wear any." Jareth waits a moment, as if waiting for something, before sighing and leaving.

     I slowly walk over to the large walk-in closet. My hand runs over the various fabrics of skirts and dresses.  I come across a short, sleeveless rose dress, taking it off of the hook and moving to the mirror. I held it up to my body. It... It does look good. I sigh, shrugging. I am rather hungry. I remove my shirt, looking around the room once more. I notice a small crystal ball in the corner of my room. Jareth used those to spy on me in the labyrinth! I cover my shirtless self quickly, throwing a book at the ball and smashing it. I quickly slipped the dress on in fear of another voyeur-ball was watching me.

       I move back to the closet, slipping on a pair of matching heels. I check myself out in the mirror once more, admiring how the dress suits my curves well. While I hate the glittery bastard, I've got to admit, Jareth has an excellent fashion taste. I look at my legs, noting the hem of the dress hardly covers half of my thigh. Ah. There's the pervert-king I know. I sigh, shaking my head as I close the closet doors. I move towards the white vanity and hesitate before slipping on a bit of rouge and lip gloss. I'm not doing this for him, oh no. I'm doing this for me. No way in hell am I going to try to impress the tight panted asshole.

       I make my way down a long hallway, being directed by a stout goblin to a moderately sized dinning hall. I see Jareth smile at me as I enter and ignore him as I sit across from him. The table is long enough for me to be comfortable, but he won't have to yell to talk to me.

      "Thank you for deciding to join me for breakfast," Jareth says, resting his chin on his tented hands.

        "Didn't have much of a choice," I reply bitterly. My glare is as icy as the stone floor. Jareth sits up, squinting at me.

        "I didn't say you had to come. You could have easily just requested that food be brought up to your room."

        I let out a small sarcastic chuckle. "Speaking of my room, why the hell was there a crystal ball in my bedroom? I'm here in place of the child, not so you can have your little voyeuristic fantasies fulfilled." I see Jareth set his fork down, taking a deep breath in an attempt to keep his calm, cool demeanor.

        "That was there, Jessica, so that I may ensure your safety. What you do in front of the crystal ball is not under my control." I huff, rolling my eyes as I look down at the plate in front of me. The plate had been filled with all of my favorite breakfast foods; waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls... I begin to dig into the cinnamon roll, enjoying how the pastry melted in my mouth. I feel Jareth's eyes on me once more, glaring at him through my bangs as I keep my head down.

       "Why do you keep looking at me like that?" Jareth's voice is bitter as he practically throws down his knife.

        "Because you are: A. A pervert, B. Holding me here against my will, and C. You keep looking at me like I'm an object." Jareth sits up, tilting his head up in a royal manner as he squints at me. I see his jaw clench.

         "I am not holding you anywhere. You have freedom in this world. And I am NOT a pervert."

          "Oh, yeah. Because giving girls dresses that barely cover half of their thigh, and spying on them changing through crystal balls totally isn't pervy." I push away my plate, standing up and walking quickly through the hallway. First day in this damn place and I hate it already. This'll be great.