Chapter 2~Luna

Librarian- "Excuse me, what are you doing here? Aren't you darlings supposed to be in class?"

Joshua-"Yes, we are." He looked at me with the *I told you so* face.

I said, "Yes, but we are researching something for History and we need information."

Librarian-"If you must go ahead my dears."

Sebastion-"Okay, I saw a book similar to the news."
Joshua-"Since when do you go to the library?"
Sebastion-"Um, that doesn't matter."

I laughed because Sebastion never goes to the library. Sebastion scatters through the books looking for it.

Josh-"Is it the book I think it is?" Raven-"Wait, what are we looking for?" Sebastion"Here it is."

I see Sebastion try to pull it out of the shelf but can't.
"Struggling buddy?" I ask.
Sebastion-"Shut up."

He realized someone was pulling it from the other side. The other person pulled it out. Sebastion looked through the empty space.

"Emily?" Sebastion asked bamboozled.

"What are you doing here?" Sebastion asked.

Emily-"I could ask you the same thing."

Joshua-"Give us the book, please."

Emily-"Only if you promise to share. Deal?" We all agreed. "Deal."

She gave Sebastion the book. He read the book cover out loud. "The Ice-cream Man."

Raven-"Are you serious right now?!"

Josh-"Yes he is."

Raven-"I swear if this is a joke..."

Sebastion-"It's not a prank.."
Raven-"What's the author's name?"

Sebastion-"It's scratched out."

Raven-"Oh my, you are pissing me off give me that." I snatched the book out of his hand. It was scratched out but it only gave us the first four letters.

Everyone huddled around me.

Sebastion-"Luna."

Josh-"Luna?"
I replied, "Yes, Luna." Emily ran to the computer and typed it up.

Emily-"No result?" We tried on all the computers and it gave us nothing. Raven-"Huh?"

Joshua-"Maybe it's for a reason, I'll ask Mrs.M." Joshua asked the librarian. Librarian-"It isn't showing it in the system, sorry sweetheart."

Sebastion-"Anything?"

Josh-"Nope."
"I'll check the book out." I and Emily said at the same time.

Raven-"We agreed to share so I'll use it first."

Emily looked at me like she was going to kill me.

Emily-"Fine."

She left. Joshua left with her. Sebastion-"You ain't going to class?" Raven-"I'm bad at making excuses I am going home." He chuckled and said, "She likes you..."

Raven-"Who?" I asked even though I knew who he was talking about.
〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️
I took my bike home and went inside my house.

My dad was on the phone in the kitchen. He was arguing with a guy about some house rent.

I went upstairs minding my own business. I went into my room and read some of the book to see what I'd find. Time passed so fast I didn't realize. It was 7:38 pm. I texted the guys to come over.

I heard my dad come upstairs and he opens the door.

"Son, I have to go on a business trip I'll be back in three days."

"Uh, ok."

I heard the doorbell ring. I ran downstairs and opened the door. I saw Emily behind Sebastion and Joshua. Joshua came in and I pulled him into the kitchen.

"You invited Emily..."
Joshua-"What? We promised to share."

Raven-"Yeah, not in my house"

Emily and Sebastion came in.

"Upstairs go," I said rushing them into my room. I am glad I had a pretty big room because everyone took up space.

"Alright hotshot, what did you find?" Sebastion asked.

"I found the authors full name, it's Lunaria Carnell. Luna is her nickname, she was supposedly..-" Joshua cuts me off.

"A slave of the Ice-cream Man."
Emily-"You read that History of Serial Killers article."

Joshua-"Yeah."

Raven-"Can we contact her or something like finding an address?"

Emily-"Raven, she is dead."