Chapter 6~ Fine

As I went to Emily's house I saw a shadow I blinked and then it wasn't there. It was weird because it was daytime and it didn't make sense. I got to her house and saw her window open to her room.

"Come over here." she said waving her arm towards her. I jogged over to her. "Let's go to the Diner." She said as I dragged her out of the window.

"Wanna walk there?" I asked. "Sure" she said. We started walking.
"Why did you want to talk to me?" I said. "Because, I want to be part of this too, but my dad won't let me."
"Well, screw your dad he doesn't make your choices for you." She giggled a bit. "You're right, I was going to tell you that I like you." I stopped and looked at her.

"What, me?" I looked back being sarcastic. "Yes, you." She said shoving me a bit. She golfed my hand as we walked. "You know what every since I moved here I liked you." She said putting a smile on her face. I remember when she first came into town. I was 12 or 13 in middle school. It's crazy how in 3 years everything can change.

We arrived at the diner. I saw Detective Slade talking to Susan in a booth. Susan was in her late 30s. She was my babysitter. She was like my mother. She was always that one to bring me something when I was feeling down and she has been there to make me smile. I took a seat at the booth.

"I see John has a love interest?" She said with her eyes peeking over the menu. "Yeah, they've been together I think for like 2 years." I said. "They're cute couple." Emily said. Susan came up to us.

"What would you like to drink?" She asked in her country accent.
"I would like water." I said trying to sound healthy. "I would like a Derpy chocolate milkshake." I looked at her like *What did she say?*. Susan-"Coming right up!"

"Did you say-" I asked.
"Yes, a Derpy chocolate milkshake, yes I did..." She said and started laughing.

I saw Detective Slade come walking down towards us. I was a little worried.
"Hey guys." He said.
"Zdraveĭte."Emily said.
"Hi." I said not wanting to talk to him.
"May I?" He asked pointing to the booth.
"Go ahead." Emily said.

"I would like to thank you guys for helping with this investigation." He said. "But-"
I cut him off. "Yes, I know we shouldn't be looking for stuff because  we can get hurt blah blah blah."
I said.
"Ok, I just wanted to make that clear." He said.
"No, look John I am not going to stop, I don't care what happens to me. Innocent people are dying out there."

"Raven, You aren't certified to be a detective first of all, second of all, you don't have a degree in law enforcement and you don't even have a job. So why the current interest in finding the Ice-cream man?"
"I needed answers." I said because I knew he just roasted my ass.
"So you know something that I don't..." John said.
"What?" I said.

"How'd you find out that it wasn't an animal attacking?" He asked.

"Alright, First of all, there were over 25 deaths in one week. If it was a animal leaving meat behind I'm pretty sure it wasn't that hungry." I said.
"Second of all, the news sounded fake and the people felt pressured to say that it was an animal attack." Emily continued.
"And lastly, we did our research. Victims are children to teenagers." I said sounding smart.
"Ok, fair enough." He said leaning back on the booth.

Susan-"Here are you drinks, are you guys ready to order your drinks?"
"You already asked them that.." Detective Slade said.
"Oh, sorry I meant to eat." Susan said.
"Two Deluxe burgers with fries." Emily said. I looked at her with the *are you sure you going to eat that* face.

"How did you find the book?" John asked.
"Actually Sebastion found it but Emily was tracking it a while back." I said.
"I found the book because I heard a lady talking about it in the store. I googled it and only one copy was available in the school library." Emily said.

"That explains why we couldn't find it. You guys were on the case before we were..."John said a little disappointed.
"Why help us?"I asked.
"Well, I looked at your record. You seem pretty good material for a detective, not to mention I heard you are into mystery and law enforcement books."
Emily looked at me a little interested.
"Yeah, that has nothing to deal with it." I said.

"Actually, yes son, it does. Why? Because you have lived here your whole life. You know a lot of things. I came here a little late.You kids know everything about this town. Which makes you even more dangerous." John said.
Josh came in because I invited him.

"I'm sorry, am I interrupting something?" Joshua asked.

"No, your fine, I was just leaving."John said. He got up gave a kiss to Susan and left.
Joshua sat down.

"What's up?" Josh asked.

Detective Slade came jogging back in.
"Guys, how would you guys like to make a speech for the new mayor's event?" John asked.

"Um, yeah I'll do it." Josh said.
"Oh no, Josh is going to make a lot of puns." I said.
We all laughed.

Chris Pine as Detective Slade or John

Anne Hathaway as Susan Baymay

Hugh Jackman as Doug Everbee