Chapter 5

Zaliyah's POV (1 week later)

I woke up Monday morning and sighed. I didn't feel like being at school but I knew I had to go.

I took a quick shower and put on a white t-shirt and some light blue jeans. I put on a black belt and my white air force ones with all gold accessories. I still had 10 minutes before I had to leave so I sat on the bed and called August. I hadn't seen him at school or talked to him since he left., and I was worried like hell. I wondered if he was still mad at me about what I said, but he seemed pretty damn happy when he was in bed with me. But his bipolar ass might have changed up.

"Hello." he answered.

"Hey August, you good?"

"Yeah I'm peachy, how you doing." He replied. I knew something was up cuz he never sounded like that, it was like he was speaking with a knife to his throat.

"Baby you okay?" I asked kinda worried.

"Yea I'm good....... You coming to school right."

"Yeah why."

"I gotta talk to you.... It's kinda important." he said, his voice fell.

"About what? Is something wrong." I asked curiously.

"You'll see... Just meet me by the 12th grade hall entrance when you get there." he said, and hung up.

My stomach turned. For some reason I felt like some bullshit was going on. Either he did some wild shit and was finna get arrested, or worse. I just don't wanna find out.

*****************

I walked down the hall clutching my binder and purse. I walked slow and steady, I wasn't trying to rush this conversation with him.

"Hey girl, you okay?" Cierra asked walking up to me with Nicole.

"Yeah I'm good I just gotta go take care of something right quick." I said speeding past them. Something told me they were still following me though.

I walked outside and Chris, Makiyah, Tyga and Smooky was all standing right there. August was right there too but he was just standing, leaning against the car. It was like he was zoned out, not involved in their conversation at all.

"Hey Ze." Chris said smiling, I smiled back and hugged them. I greeted all of them then turned to August.

"You okay?" I walked up to him.

"Yeah.... Come here right quick." He said grabbing my hand. Cierra and Nicole tried to follow but he stopped them.

"No bruh, I need to talk to her and her only. We don't need y'all two cents." August snapped at them, Cierra was about to pop off on him but Nicole stopped her.

"See you later, Ze." Cierra looked at me then rolled her eyes at August. We watched as they walked back over to Chris and them.

He grabbed my hand and we walked far off over by the park next door to the school. Once we got there he leaned against one of the tables and sighed. He took the binder from me and sat it beside him so he could hold both my hands. He sat there for a minute until he looked down then back up at me.

"Zaliyah."

"Yes August."

"You wanna be with me right?"