Bye-Bye Bobby, One

Barley Fields Hotel, LA

The man was shaking so badly, it looked like he was standing in the middle of a winter wasteland stark naked. Nathan didn't blame the poor soul. He was about to lose his life.

Nathan leaned against the stone barricades of the balcony he was on, hoping to get a better view of the drama ensuing down below.

In the dark alley that ran through the back of the hotel, his hooded partner, Will, was slowly driving their latest victim to a dead end. Sam was patrolling the lip of the alleyway, her long, flame-red hair fluttering as she kept an eye out for any nosy passer-by.

Even though she and Nathan had disabled the hotel's outdoor security cameras, and the nearby street cam, they can never be too careful.

"Stay back!" The warning was followed by an all too familiar metallic click of a finger finding the trigger of a gun.

The man had his back to a wall, and a gun pointed at Will. The gun shook in the man's hands, enough so to make Nathan cringe on the inside.

"Come another step closer and I'll shoot!" He said with heart.

Finally, things were beginning to become more interesting. Not wanting to miss a moment of it, Nathan jumped over the barricade and dropped two floors down. The cold night air rushed into his face, and his hair tickle-scratched his eyes. He held his breath.

Under normals circumstances, he would've been the first casualty, but he was anything but normal. He felt his world turn cold and partial, like reality itself would shatter if he exhaled. His landed as lightly as fallen dove feathers, and the world returned to normal with the letting go of his breath.

Solid and real, but still cold as fuck.

Sam too had left her post to watch the fight. Nathan moved to stand beside her, and she acknowledged him with a small smile. He was taller than her, but not by much. Maybe three inches. He was pretty bummed by the fact that he was only 5'7.

Will, the tallest amongst the three of them, towered over the shrivelling man in all his 6'1 glory. Now that he could see the man up close, Nathan was a little disappointed. The profile picture that they had been provided with by Alistair must've been taken a few years ago.

Bobby Borden, thirty-five, a lone drug dealer and child rapist.

Bobby had had the look of an instagram model. Now, he just looked wasted. His belly popped out a little and his eyes were sunken from god knows just what he's been smoking. His face was grossly oily and had a neck roll too many that they covered up his entire neck.

Disgusting.

Will dared another step forwards and sure enough, Bobby kept his word. A deafening gunshot resonated throughout the alley, hand-in-hand with the grisly sound of crushed bones.

Nathan saw the whole thing without flinching. As did Sam. As did Bobby, who looked even more scared and feral before he'd shot Will.

Will still loomed before him, unfazed. He quickly unzipped his hole-ridden grey hoodie and threw it at Nathan, who caught it. A red flower just above his stomach had bloomed on his white T-shirt, proof that he was actually hit. His normally brown eyes and hair paled a few shades.

"Want to try that again?" Will asked nonchalantly, as if he were asking Bobby if he wanted another round at CS Go.

Another shot, then two, and three.

Will's T-shirt was now soaked with his blood, but he still looked bored. His hair and eyes were almost completely white. That meant one thing; Bobby was going to die much, much sooner.