Prologue

The pain increases in waves, small lulls giving false hope of an end. Each peak robs my ability to speak, sends me crashing to the ground. It's as though my blood has become acid, intent of destroying me from the inside out. All I can do is writhe, the occasional whimper escaping to echo off the walls. My eyes watered in agony until my cheeks were waterlogged and the floor became a pond made of my tears and blood.

I was letting him do that to me over and over, although the pain was excruciating. I let him. It was my mistake for allowing him. I was becoming physically scarred and hurt. Shamelessly I enjoyed it mentally because he did. It's what comforted him, why he was by my side.

I didn't refuse, I didn't stop, I screamed and pleaded but he said it would be alright. That it would all be fine in the end and I would learn to enjoy his unstoppable sex drive, his addiction as much as he did.

I was too afraid to lose him. What if I was wrong about my assumptions? Those marks that he came home with, the lies that I could sense filtering from his teeth. At this point, he was likely with me because of it.

Even though it was destroying us, I let him torture and ruin me. I knew it but why couldn't I stop myself?

He was becoming a monster, when I thought that everything would be okay and that we could make us work. Because of the promises and the sparkle of love that was casted in his eyes I took the chance. Thinking that I could help him be better.

I was now becoming a monster with him in this psychotic commitment.

Losing my aspirations and myself.

I was slowly falling apart.

But when he whispered lovingly, "Mari, don't leave me... Stay with me."

I didn't. The last weakened part of me, stood broken in front of him obediently.

To be killed by his toxic affection of love.

A/N: Coming soon :)