Chapter 1

Note to the reader: In order to help avoid confusion between the male and female versions of these characters, female Robin will be called "Robyn", and female Corrin will be called "Kamui" (after her Japanese name). They will be considered siblings for the purposes of this story rather than alter egos.

Disclaimer: These characters are owned by various entertainment industries and gathered in the name of Nintendo. They created these characters much better than a single individual such as I could ever dream of, and therefore I do not own them, nor did I create them. This story will be written under the assumption that the reader has an at least basic understanding of who these characters are and where they come from, because their back stories are diverse and mostly pretty awesome.

Link quickly whirled his sword around him and it caught Bowser and sent him high into the air. Samus immediately proceeded to shoot Link with one of her ugliest missiles. He soared out of the stage faster than Sonic could dash toward Bowser to give the final blow after he landed. Link and Bowser had just lost the last of their stock. Sonic and Samus sparred for a while, attacking when they could, but Samus gave the final blow as the announcer called game.

Meowth watched the scene unfold on his screen as he remembered all of his failed attempts to enter the Smash Roster. Super Smash Bros 4 was about to open and he had finally decided that he was never going to get that invitation letter.

Just like Meowth, every character once dreamed of being part of the Smash roster. Everyone saw the broadcasts of the battles at some point, no matter what universe they were in, and fighting in these battles was the only path to truly gain glory. But only the most prestigious of fighters could be selected to compete.

Word was out that Super Smash Bros 4 was about to begin and every fighter from every world eagerly awaited their letter of invitation, though most of them knew it would never arrive.

But for a lucky few, it did.

----------------------------------

Little Mac quickly slapped his alarm clock after it woke him early in the morning. He quickly rolled out of bed and stretched in silence for a few minutes. He took a quick drink from the water bottle he always kept by his bed and got dressed for his training.

He quietly went into his small weight room where he kept his favourite punching bag, and hammered away at it in continued silence, the solid thwacks of his punches resounding through the otherwise empty air.

"Hey Mac, I got some news for ya." Doc Louis strode into the room with a rather archaic looking scroll.

"Hm?" Little Mac asked as he continued to pummel his inanimate opponent.

"This letter came addressed to you, from someone they call master hand." He replied straight-faced.

"You're kidding." Little Mac immediately stopped punching and took off his gloves, reaching for the scroll. "To Little Mac, champion of the World Video Boxing Association, I would like to extend to you the offer..." he read the rest in silence. "We're leaving today." Little Mac stated and left the room to prepare his belongings.

----------------------------------

Kamui and her brother Corrin arrived at the nondescript gates to a small village that seemed almost a bit fake.

"According to this map Master Hand gave us...yes, this is Smash city." Corrin rolled up the scroll Master Hand had included which showed them the way to their new home.

"So...this is awkward. We just say the password he gave us and...the gates open?" Kamui seemed skeptical.

"I guess so. What is it?" Corrin opened up the scroll. "The password changes every week so get here fast. The password is...Piantas for life?" Corrin read.

"What in the name of Nohr is a Pianta?" Corrin asked as the gates began to open.

"I think I read somewhere that they live on beaches where Mario comes from, but I don't remember for sure." Kamui furrowed her brows as she tried to remember.

A strange device floated to them from around the corner. It appeared to be a floating television with a face, a light was on top and a single hand protruded from the bottom.

"Welcome to Smash City. I am Monita." The screen said in a bubbly voice. "Would you like me to show you to your new living quarters?"

"Um...yes." Corrin responded uncertainly.

"Right this way." Monita began floating down a road.

"I guess we follow the thing." Kamui said and began walking after it.

After several turns and streets full of unfamiliar creatures, the twins arrived at a large grassy space scattered with small houses and larger apartment-looking buildings of various styles. Monita led them to a large castle-like building.

"Here you will reside with other Smashers from your universe." Monita chirped as they entered into a medieval styled foyer. "Your rooms are up these stairs and on the left. Your fellow citizens can help you should you need it." She ended and quickly floated away.

"So...up these stairs and to the left." Kamui said. "Hopefully we figure this all out soon." They climbed the stairs and were about to take a left, and voice interrupted them.

"Is that...Corrin and Kamui?" A female entered the hallway, with predominantly blue clothing and blue hair.

"Let then tell us." Another man of similar dress with short blue hair answered her.

"Um, hi." Kamui said quickly, feeling a bit invaded. "That's us." Corrin remained silent.

"It's good to see you here, I just arrived yesterday, I'm Lucina." The female extended the offer of a handshake to each of them.

"Marth, King of Heroes." The man next to Lucina greeted them likewise.

"Marth! I've been watching you compete for years!" Kamui quickly became much more animated and quickly shook his hand.

"Uh, yeah. Thanks." He said quickly. "I've been here for many years, so if you have any questions I can probably answer them for you." He waited a moment, expecting an inquiry, and received none. "Alright then, your rooms are just right there--" he pointed to indicate two doors--"and I'll see you later today when Master Hand gathers us for the celebratory banquet." He took Lucina and they went the opposite direction.

"We just met one of the most famous Smashers!" Kamui exclaimed once she decided they were out of earshot. "This is gonna be such a party!"

With that, they entered their respective rooms and began to unpack their respective belongings.