At the Pool, but not for swimming.

Today I found out Jim had attached bombs to a child...great. Apparently if Sherlock did not solve the puzzle in twelve hours, the young boy would be blown to bits. I have to admit, I was relieved when he figured it out.

Then that evening my boss asked me to come with him to the pool. Okay...Then he told me it was to possibly shoot someone. Fair enough. When we got there, I sat up on a building, holding my rifle. I saw Sherlock walk through the doors. His friend Watson appeared, bombs tied beneath his coat. I couldn't help but smile. Of course Jim had gotten Watson.

"I gave you my number. I thought you might call." I heard a voice say, as I listened to my ear radio. "Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket? Or are you just pleased to see me?" 

Jim stepped forward, on the other side of the pool. "Jim Moriarty. Hiiii. Jim? Jim from the hospital?" he said, walking slowly towards Sherlock. "Huh. Did I really make such a fleeting impression? But then I suppose that was rather the point. Don't be silly. Someone else is holding the rifle. I don't like getting my hands dirty. I've given you a glimpse, Sherlock—just a teensy glimpse—of what I've got going on out there in the big bad world. I'm a specialist, you see. Like you." 

"Dear Jim, Please will you fix it for me to get rid of my lover's nasty sister." Sherlock said, holding his gun level with my boss's head. "Dear Jim, Please will you fix it for me to disappear to South America."

"Just so." 

"Consulting criminal. Brilliant." Sherlock muttered. 

 "Isn't it? No one ever gets to me. And no one ever will." Jim gave smile.

"I did." stated Sherlock.

"You've come the closest. Now you're in my way." 

"Thank you." Sherlock said. 

"Didn't mean it as a compliment."

"Yes you did." 

"Yeah, okay, I did." Jim said with a shrug. Then he said in a singong voice. "But the flirting's over, Sherlock. Daddy's had enough now! I've shown you what I can do. I've cut loose all those people, all those little problems. Even thirty million quid just to get you to come out and play. So take this as a friendly warning, my dear. Back off. Although. I have loved this. This little game of ours. Playing Jim from IT. Playing gay. Did you like the little touch with the underwear?"

"People have died." Sherlock said darkly. 

That's what people DO!" Jim screamed. I flinched at his voice. He was truly insane. 

"I will stop you." Sherlock replied.

"No you won't." Jim sang.

"You all right?" Sherlock asked, glancing at Watson.

Jim leaned closer to Watson. "You can talk, Johnny Boy. Go ahead." 

 Sherlock offered James the memory stick. "Take it."

"Hm? Oh, that. The missile plans. *kisses the memory stick*. Boring! I could have got them anywhere."James tossed the missile plans casually into the pool. 

Suddenly, Watson grabbed James: "Sherlock run!"

"Oh! Good. Very good." James grinned. 
"Just like that. Pull that trigger, Mr. Moriarty, and we both go up." Watson said grimly.

"He's sweet, I can see why you like having him around. But then people do get so sentimental about their pets. They're so touching and loyal. But oops! You've rather shown your hand there, Dr. Watson. Gotcha!" Jim snickered. I changed my aim, so that the ray from my rifle was shining on Sherlock instead of Watson. You're welcome, boss. I thought.

Moriarty said unruffling his suit. "Westwood. Do you know what happens if you don't leave me alone, Sherlock? To you."

"Oh let me guess, I get killed." Sherlock said casually. 

"Kill you? Eh, no. Don't be obvious. I mean I'm going to kill you anyway someday. I don't want to rush it though. I'm saving it up for something special. No no no no. If you don't stop prying I will burn you." Jim screwed his face up. "I will burn the heart out of you." 

"I have been reliably informed that I don't have one."

"But we both know that's not quite true. Well. I'd better be off. So nice to have had a proper chat." Jim said. 

"What if I was to shoot you now? Right now." Sherlock questioned. 

"Then you could cherish the look of surprise on my face." Jim pulled a shocked face, and I laughed from where I was sitting. "Because I'd be surprised, Sherlock. Really I would. And just a teensy bit disappointed. And of course you wouldn't be able to cherish it for very long. Ciao, Sherlock Holmes." 

"Catch you... later." Sherlock said slowly. 

"No you won't!" Jim said disappearing through the door. What was he doing? I saw Sherlock tear the bombs of John, and throw the jacket away. Ahh, then suddenly Jim jumped through the doorway. " Sorry boys! I'm soooo changeable! It is a weakness with me. But to be fair to myself, it is my only weakness. You can't be allowed to continue. You just can't. I would try to convince you. Everything I have to say has already crossed your mind." 

Oh damn.

"Probably my answer has crossed yours." Sherlock said, and then he pointed his gun down to the bomb-laden jacket...