ᅳone

HEART STRINGS

❝because we are young and we love, it's okay if we don't have anywhere else to go❞

9 months before the incident

it was times like these when jungkook felt most free.

free of his problems and responsibilities. free of his demons. free of everything.

and park jimin had always been the only one capable of doing that to him. the only one who ever made him feel alive.

as they ran through the streets of seoul, jimin held his hand. they were laughing and laughing, as if back to being kids. and as funny as it may sound, maybe jimin was his peter pan after all.

eventually, they ended up in a dark alley. jungkook came to a halt and abruptly snatched his hand away from the elder. jimin turned around to ask jungkook what was wrong.

"i'm not going there."

it was silent for a few seconds, making jungkook sort of regret what he had said. though eventually, jimin finally spoke.

"don't you trust me?"

"i do! you're my best friend, butᅳ"

"do you believe in me, jungkook?" the way jungkook's name rolled on jimin's tongue always drove the younger crazy. it's as if jimin said it in an entirely different way than most people, though he truly didn't.

maybe it was all in jungkook's head. maybe they were both crazy. but it didn't matter anymore. jungkook knew it was wrong to doubt jimin, the one who always stayed and helped him fight his demons, the one who took him away from his harsh reality.

park jimin was his own fairytale.

"i do," jungkook said in sheer determination. "i do believe in you." and so he took jimin's hand again and they ran through the alley then climbed up the metal stairs outside an eight storey apartment building all the way to its rooftop.

the view astounded jungkook. he could almost see the whole city in front of him. he felt as though he was on top of the world. but more so because of the fact that he held jimin's hand in his, than the fact that he could watch the sun rise and the city awake from its deep slumber.

"it's beautiful," jungkook muttered under his breath but jimin still heard it. "it is, isn't it?"

jungkook looked at jimin who was smiling as he watched the sun rise. "it is." jungkook wasn't talking about the same thing as jimin anymore. "its ethereal beauty is unrealistic. and yet i stand before such masterpiece."

jimin eventually caught on, looking back at jungkook. staring right at one another, they never let go of each others hands. in fact, jimin even intertwined his own fingers with jungkook's.

"i wanna stay here with you for eternity." the words came out of jungkook's mouth before he could even help himself. jimin's smile grew even wider.

"i didn't meanᅳ" jimin interrupted jungkook by cupping the younger's cheeks in his small hands and leaning his own face closer to his. jungkook was perplexed, unknowing of the fact that his own heart was beating so loud and his breathing was starting to become shallow.

"i'm sorry, iᅳ"

"shh. jungkook. shh. it's okay, it's okay. i'm always here."

"it's not thᅳ"

"i will not judge you. i never have." and with this, jungkook's breaths slowly started to turn back to normal. "in fact, i will knock on your window every morning and we will come here together."

"every morning?"

"yes." jimin nodded. "even when you're feeling low, i'll do everything to get you here with meᅳwithout hurting you, of course. oh! but if i take you here everyday, i can't promise that you'd feel the same magic as you did the first time. you might eventually grow sick of it."

"no!" jungkook said immediately, removing jimin's hands from his face so his can intertwine their fingers together again. "i will never, jimin hyung. do you understand me? i will never grow tired of watching the sun rise with you. or flying across the streets of seoul with you. i will never grow tired of doing anything as magical as these with you."

"jungkookᅳ" jimin was interrupted by an unexpected but delicate kiss. it lasted for mere five seconds and jimin disliked that, so he pulled jungkook back in for another. and soon, the kiss turned rough and desperate. as if they had waited decades for this to happen. as if tomorrow morning, they won't ever see each other again.

❝as far as i know, don't worry and fly❞