ᅳepilogue

NEVERLAND

❝look for a rainbow to fly❞

park jimin was awoken by the rays of light on his face which he had assumed was from the sun shining down on him, but as he blinked his eyes until he could see anything crystal clear, jeon jungkook stared down at him with a blinding smile on his face.

jimin, evidently startled, tried to stand up but his head hurt and he had to lay back down on the fields of flowers.

"it's too early for you to be running around, hyung. you need rest," jungkook said in such a soft tone that it almost sounded like a whisper. he caressed jimin's blond hair and kissed him on the forehead.

"where am i?" jimin looked around as much as he could while laying down, slowly turning his head from left to right. the flowers felt like clouds underneath him. the sky was lilac. the field itself felt like it was endless. no sights of mountains or trees or much of anything really, anywhere.

"can you not see? we're in neverland."

"but neverland isn't real."

"you must've hit your head pretty hard, huh, my peter pan?" jungkook gave him a look of disappointment, but it only lasted for a few seconds before he jumped on jimin and wrapped his arms and legs around him, all the while kissing the elder on the lips. 

when he pulled away, he said, "i believe we are where we were always mean to be."

"jungkook... am i dead?"

the smile on jungkook's face disappeared as fast as the color of the sky quickly changed into pitch black, yet no stars were to be seen. 

tears started to drop on jimin's cheeks and they came from jungkook. jimin, extremely worried, sat up and started to wipe those tears away from the boy he so cherishes. 

"baby, what's wrong?" 

jimin also realized it had started to rain.

"i thought you would be happy now that we're back together. i thought you missed me."

"baby, listen." jimin cupped the younger's face in his hands, trying to get him to stare right into his eyes. "i missed you, jungkookie. of course, i did. i love you. i love you so much." 

"but... y-you're not dead yet, hyung. you're not. you're... you're in a hospital and could die at any second if you don't go back there soon. will you leave me? like i did with you?"

jimin didn't even hesitate to answer. 

"no, i won't. i don't care if we have nowhere else to go. i don't care if we'll never grow up, you and i. all i care about is that i'm with you. i love you, jungkook. you... you are my neverland."