14

Tyler

"But how can he-"

"They said he had help." I watch Jenna anxiously run her fingers through her blonde hair. "I'm just as confused as you are."

My mind is racing with countless thoughts. How does one simply escape prison in this day in age? It's practically impossible, and Mark isn't that sneaky of a guy.

"Do you think he's behind it...?" I mutter under my breath.

"What?"

"The... the texts..."

"Those messages you told me about? The ones from the new Silence?" Jenna questions.

"Emotional. And yes." I respond, watching her take a swallow of saliva as her gaze traces to the tip of her shoes.

She breathes a deep sigh,"I think the possibilities are high, Tyler. But don't forget that someone helped him escape. Maybe he has an accomplice."

I nod solemnly. All I can seem to think about is that night at the vacant lot where Mark tried to murder the three of us. I can only think of Josh curled up in a ball on the hard cement, blood pouring from his open wound as Y/N is practically immobile due to her injuries.

What could Josh be going through right now?

I force my mind to think of something else, and it immediately wanders to Jenna's words as I stare into my wife's eyes.

"Jenna?" I speak with a tone of determination. I watch as her eyes flicker ever so lightly upward to meet with my own.

"Yes?"

I quickly grab my keys, wallet, and phone from the nearby counter after I rush my body with a purpose. Jenna just looks at me in awe as she observes. I walk over to our coat hanger with steady strides before turning to look at her.

"Grab a coat. I need to see this escape video. Now."

_

Josh

"Ha ha ha!"

Make it stop!

"Ha ha ha ha ha!"

Quit it!

"Ha ha ha!"

Please!

"Ha ha ha ha ha!"

"STOP IT!" I cry out, tears spilling out from my eyes. I feel the salty drops find a new home in the open scars on my cheeks as it burns my flesh.

"Ha ha ha!"

"QUIT IT!" I yell, kicking my feet upward from my reclined position in frustration. They quickly fall back to the cushion and I feel pain rush through my body.

A little while ago, I was moved from the cold floor on what I can only imagine is a couch. I woke up from my forced slumber and felt the crust of dried blood on my skin and new restraints tied around my arms and back. A single rope was tied around my ankles, at least giving me a small ounce of movement. The only other thing redone was the blindfold wrapped around my eyes.

When I woke, I felt a horrific amount of pain. The most I've ever felt in my life. I screamed consistently for ages.

But what's even worse than that, is that I now feel as if time has stopped applying to me. Before I was knocked cold, I could at least tell when a minute or so had past.

Now, every moment feels like an eternity.

And her laughing voice isn't helping.

"Ha ha ha!"

"Ha ha ha ha ha!"

It repeats. Over. And over. And over. And over.

Leaving me in a what feels like eternal hell.

I need to think of an escape plan for the next time my captor comes. I need to use what little mobility I have to figure out a way from this prison.

I must find a passage of freedom. All I hear now is her voice in my mind, rattling me with confusion over the possibility it's Y/N keeping me here.

I need to leave before I lose what little sanity I have left.

...before I lose myself.

_
A/N

I'm curious to hear your theories. Fire away!