18

Tyler

Out of pure shock, my body freezes up for a moment as I watch Jenna dart away from me and quickly out the door. Luckily, I don't hesitate for more than half a second and immediately chase after her.

I can feel the blood pumping in my veins as my feet feel as if they are flying from the ground. My adrenaline is rocketing.

But not quite enough.

I watch Jenna turn a sharp corner down a narrow patch of grass on one of our neighbor's lawns. As I chase her, I see an already occupied vehicle ready to leave at any given moment. It's a small, tattered up black car, but that isn't the most noticeable thing.

The most noticeable thing is the masked driver in the front seat.

I force my legs to move even faster as Jenna races to the car. It's only about 50 feet away.

Just. A little. More. I'm so close to being able to reach her shoulder and drag her down. I reach for her as I watch her kneel down ever so slightly.

But suddenly, I feel a sharp and painful throbbing on the side of my head as my body falls backward onto the ground. My head bangs onto a concrete brick used for garden decorations as I let out a groan of pain.

My eyes open only to see Jenna stare at me briefly with a look of regret and sympathy.

But that's only for the smallest moment. Before I can comprehend the situation unfolding before my own eyes, I see her turning to run again toward the vehicle. She chose to just leave me on the grass after wounding me.

I feel blood starting to drip from the side of my head.

And a large shovel sitting in front of me, coated with drops of my blood.

"Jenna...," I exhale, trying to control my breathing.

I feel my eyes start to close themselves forcefully as I attempt to reach for my phone in my pocket, but my arm falls to my side and refuses to move anylonger. My wish to call for help is denied by my own body. I close my eyes and grit my teeth as I mumble ever so lightly.

"You'll pay for what you've done."

_
A/N

So like this is hella short but I *plan* on updating this again today or tomorrow so don't worry.

(Also the *plan* is because I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to, but I can guarantee I'll try)

***FACT: Wow I love Billie Eilish lmao