One Chance

Author’s Notes – Well I have finally got around to writing my first ever fanfiction and yes it’s a Harry Styles one! I will always be open to constructive critism and comments on my work so feel free to comment and message me if you want! I don’t bite! So this story WILL contain swearing and um… other stuff (if you catch my drift) so you’ve be warned my friends! Anyway I’m sure you want to start reading the actual story not my author’s notes so here it is! Chapter 1 of Be Mine! Enjoy my lovelies xx

CHAPTER 1: One Chance

Abby’s POV

'BEEP!' came the familiar sound of the honking London black cabs as I pelted across the road, my straightened blonde hair flying out behind me. I hadn't bothered waiting for the crossing sign and had raced to the other side of the road, resulting in two cabs swerving to avoid hitting me and holding up the rest of the queue. Oops! I couldn't help it, I was late for the biggest day of my life. I dodged in and out of shoppers, checking my watch every few seconds. Dammit, why did I try and take a shortcut through Oxford Street, the busiest street in London? Anyways you’re probably wondering why I was in such a rush.

Well I’m Abby Parker, just your average eighteen year old girl. I’d lived in London ever since I could remember so you could say I was a proper city girl. The noisy vibe of the city centre seemed to be on mute today as I ran over what I would say once I arrived at the meeting. If you could call it a meeting. I was heading to one of London’s famous recording studios to meet with a representative from Syco, the music label. And yes, I do mean Mr Simon Cowell’s music label! As you can probably guess, I love to sing. Music is one of the most important things in my life and ever since I was little, I had dreamt of beginning a music artist. Today would be my big break… hopefully. A few months back, I had entered the school talent show and before I knew it, I was in the final. I sang an acoustic version of Ed Sheeran’s ‘A team’ on my guitar. Someone in the audience recorded it and decided to put it up on Youtube. Thank God they did or I wouldn’t be heading to a music studio today. Anyway, I won the talent show and somebody from Syco noticed the video on Youtube and I got a letter asking me to record a demo with them. It could mean a one-way ticket to stardom or paying for the bus fare back home. I live in a spacious modern apartment near Leicester Square with my four best friends, Lexi Henderson, Charlie Young, Libby Morgan and Gabz Miller. We moved in a few weeks back and now we have settled in, we are all desperately looking for jobs before we have to pay this month’s rent.

Back to me. I was still rushing around and panicking when my phone played a snippet of ‘What makes you Beautiful’ by One Direction. Did I mention I am totally in love with One Direction? I pulled out my brand new iPhone 4S which had been one of my leaving prezzies from my mum and dad when I had moved out. The other prezzies was parked at the apartment. Yep that’s right! I got a car. Not just any car, I had a red mini convertible. The gals were so jealous! Turns out they had been stuck with second-hand pieces of junk! Ha lol!  The text was from Lexi.

Hey just checking u got to the studio alright! Good luck babe! I know u will be AMAZING! C u afterwards xxx ;-)

I smiled and pocketed the phone before turning into an alleyway and sighed with relief as I spotted the studio’s logo. The receptionist smiled at me as I wandered through the automatic doors. I did my best to smile back.

“Abby Parker?” she asked and I nodded. “Studio 2 please. Third door on the left.”

“Thanks,” I muttered and flicked some of my hair out of my face, taking a deep breath. I stopped just outside Studio 2's door, quickly running over what I was going to say when I went in. God, I've never been this nervous but it was too late to pull out now and if I did, I would only regret it later. This was it. This is my one chance. Anyway, what did I have to loose?