Girls, Meet One Direction!

Chapter 6: Girls, meet One Direction!

Abby’s POV

Oh crap. Oh shit. How the f*ck am I supposed to explain to them why One Direction were standing in their home. Especially when the two of them were huge Directioners. Okay think Abby think. Improvise!

“Libby! Charlie! I wasn’t expecting you girls to be here!” I said, rushing over to them and throwing myself at the two surprised girls. I hugged them tightly and spun them around so they had their backs to the boys and I was looking right at the confuzzled boys who seemed to find the situation amusing. I mouthed ‘Hide! Get outta here!’ to them and pointed desperately at the door that led to the downstairs bathroom.

“I let you up here. Remember, you forgot your key?” Libby explained.

“Yeah, we told you we would be here when you got back,” Charlie said. “Are you ok, Abby?”

“Never better!” I replied, still holding them in a tight hug. Meanwhile the boys had opened the bathroom door and were shoving each other into their, trying, and failing, to do it silently. The bathroom door slammed shut and Libby and Charlie jumped back.

“What was that?” whispered Libby. I panicked.

“The wind! It was the wind. I know! Let’s go into the kitchen,” I rambled, grabbing their hands and dragging them into the kitchen. Charlie and Libby looked at each other, with raised eyebrows. “So what you girls been up to?” I ask, innocently. I was just praying neither of the girls needed the loo right now.

“Not much really…” Charlie said, running a hand through her short brown hair.

“Anyway, how did the demo go?” Libby asked, cheerfully, sitting on the edge of the bar.

“It went great…” I paused. Should I tell them about the boys. I’d have to do it sooner or later… I choose later. Suddenly the familiar ding of the elevator rang out through the apartment and my other two best friends, walked out of the metal doors.

“The party has arrived!” Abby cheered, her arms laden with shopping bags, as she walked into the room. She was closely followed by Lexi who was holding at least five bags from Jack Wills! She grinned at us girls, as we rushed over to help them with the bags. Help as in, grab the bags, and dump them on the floor about 5 metres away. We began chatting about what they and bought from their shopping trip and about all the stuff all girls talk about normally. I almost forgot that One Direction were hiding in my bathroom. Almost.

“I’m just going to pop to the loo! I’ve been bursting to go for ages!” Lexi announced, jumping up from her spot on the sofa and skipping over to the bathroom door. I was in deep conversation with Libby about the latest episode of TOWIE and before I knew it, Lex was reaching for the door handle and it suddenly dawned on me that she was about to get a little surprise. A surprise in the shape of the world’s hottest boy band.

“STOP! Lex, you don’t want to go in there!” I shouted. Lex raised an eyebrow.

“And why not?”

“Because… because… because… ah f*ck it. Go ahead,” I said, giving up. There were going to find them whatever happens so let’s just get this over and done with. The bathroom door swung open and a little shriek escaped Lexi’s lips and I knew the boys had been discovered.

“Hi, we’re One Direction!” the boys chirped cheerfully. I giggled. That was how they always introduced themselves for an interview. I could just imagine Lex’s face. Libby, Abby and Charlie looked at me before bouncing to their feet and racing to where Lex was standing, rooted to the spot. I walked to the bathroom doorway to see four of the boys squished into the shower and Louis… being Louis. He was sitting on the toilet, his trousers at his ankles and reading a newspaper.