Tails!?

Bulma inhaled deeply, feeling something warm and very soft tickling her left arm. She smiled a little. "Vegeta, what are you doing?" she mumbled. When her husband didn't reply, she glanced at her arm to see what was tickling her. The human screamed, nearly leaping right out of bed. The sharp sound and movement awoke Vegeta, who almost fired an energy attack. Upon seeing that it was only Bulma, he growled and turned over, completely oblivious to the new limb twitching in irritation. "Vegeta!" Bulma cried. "Look, you have a tail!"

Vegeta glared daggers at the loud woman. "What are you so worked up about?" he snarled.

"Uh, maybe the fact that you seem to have sprouted a tail in the middle of the night!?"

The Saiyan sat up groggily and glanced at the dark tail that now lay still. He stared at it for several moments. Bulma was quite considering poking it to show him that it was actually his when the information finally seemed to register in Vegeta's mind. With a gasp he grabbed it, clearly not believing his eyes. "My- My tail!"

"Um... yeah." Bulma crossed her arms. "That's what I've been trying to say. Good morning!"

~~At the Son Home~~

Son Goku had a very rude awakening in the form of his obnoxious wife Chichi roughly grabbing his tail, screeching as she did. "What the hell is this!?" she screamed. "When did this get here!?"

"Ow!" Goku howled in agony. "N- Chichi, not-! Aah! Leggo!!!" When she released the delicate appendage, he curled it up against him, nearly in tears. She continued to screech, which woke up Goten. The little boy stumbled in and saw his dad cowering on the bed and his mom screaming at him. "I don't know how it got there, Chichi! I didn't even realize I had it!"

"Dad, are you ok?" Goten rushed over and climbed up on the bed with Goku.

The big Saiyan laughed a bit. "Yeah, I'm- I'm fine, haha! I just didn't think I'd get woken up by that. Wow, my tail. I wonder how it grew back. Why did it grow back?" He got up. "I lost it years and years ago. Why do I have it again?" Goku thought for a moment, then hugged the furry limb happily. "Well, I'm not getting rid of it again! Hey!" He brightened immensely. "I bet Vegeta would love to see this!" He put his fingers to his forehead, not even hearing Chichi's protests.

Goku appeared in front of Capsule Corps. He could easily sense Vegeta's energy, nearly as powerful as his own. "Heh, if I don't watch it, he's gonna beat me one of these days!" He hopped to the door and knocked. His tail was waving happily. He just couldn't control it. When Bulma opened the door, he chirped, "Hi, Bulma! Lookie, I got my tail-"

"Oh, jeez, not both of you," she groaned.

Goku's mouth fell open. "What!? Vegeta's got his too!? That's so awesome! Is he here?"

"Oh, you know he is, Goku." She laughed. "Honestly, where else would he be? He doesn't go anywhere and you're the closest thing to a friend he's got. He's down in the grav room." She waved Goku in.

"Thanks, Bulma!" Goku called as he sprinted down the stairs. He grinned wildly. So they both had their tails again. It was a little odd that they both got their tails at the same time, but those thoughts- like others, generally- quickly drifted away. He opened the gravity room, sending Vegeta, who was in the process of leaping, crashing headfirst into the ceiling. "Ooh! I'm sorry, Vegeta!"

"Baka!" Vegeta snapped, his tail bottlebrushed. "What the he..." He saw Goku's chesnut brown tail waving around and halted. He looked at Goku, actually not frowning for once, then back to the tail. "Uh-... You've got yours too."