18. "i wanna be more than friends."

Carington had been pacing around her apartment all afternoon. She couldn't think straight, eat, or drink. Carington had never felt so seriously toward a guy before, let alone the guy being Tom Holland.

||

INCOMING CALL FROM GAY JAY

JAYMES
Hey, you ok?

CARINGTON
Do I sound ok?!

JAYMES
Not really. Look Care, just breathe.

CARINGTON
Uhhhhh!

JAYMES
That's not breathing... ANYWAYS!According to the time of your date you told us, that is in an hour. You have an hour to get ready.

CARINGTON
I have an hour to get ready!

JAYMES
Yes.

CARINGTON
SHIT!

*silence*

JAYMES
Care, Carington?

GAY JAY HAS ENDED THE CALL

||

Carington "swiftly" picked out an outfit and threw on simple makeup. She grabbed her phone, wallet, and car keys and headed off!

• • •

Tom waited at the cafe with his hands shaking. He constantly checked his phone to see if he got a text from Carington saying she canceled, but nothing.

He saw a car similar to Carington's being parked outside the cafe. Turns out, it was her! She walked in trying to naturally hide her face so no one would see that it was her.

"Hey sorry I'm late! The traffic was crazy and I don't even live that far away!" Carington said in a lower toned voice while going for a hug.

"No worries, I understand." Tom said in the same tone while hugging Carington back.

"How are you?" Carington asked with a soft smile.

"Doing well, how are you?" Tom said returning the smile.

"I'm well as well!"

There was a slight silence then Carington went to go get a coffee.

Carington returned to their seat with her coffee and a coffee for Tom.

"So, you wanted to talk. Let's get to it!" Carington proposed.

"I know you just got here and we haven't really known each other for that long but, I am going to be completely and utterly honest with you and cut straight to the chase!" Tom said confidently.

"Ok."

"I like you. Like like like you, a lot." Tom said slightly blushing.

"Um, Tom. I-" Carington said at a loss for words also blushing.

"I wanna be more than friends, frenemies. I just want to be more than whatever this relationship is."

Carington just sat in awe not knowing what to say but all she could do was smile and blush.

"We can just test it out, you know? Or not cause you're not saying anything and now this is really awkward cause I basically just poured my heart out to you and now I am rambling an-"

"Tom." Carington said cutting Tom off grabbing his hands taking a hold of them.

"I like you too. Like like like you too. I think I wanna be more than friends too." Carington said smiling.

A sigh of relief came over both Tom and Carington.

"So girlfriend, wanna get out of here?" Tom asked smirking.

"Not so fast there Tommy, if you are thinking of what I am thinking... that's a hard no."

"But you said you would smash me!"

"Yeah, smash PLATES with you! There's a difference, love."

"You just called me, love." Tom said smirking.

"I can stop?"

"No, no! No need for that, love."

• • •

Tom and Carington finished up their coffee's and left separately to get ready for the dinner date that they would soon entail together.

xx, emily.