Chapter 14

Taehyung lagged behind the group and Jeongguk turned to wait, worried. The elder had woken up with a migraine, but he insisted on coming to practice because it was fine, really, he'd live.

Jeongguk frowned at the innumerable camera flashes that surrounded them the second they stepped out of their car. After spending practically his entire life in front of the things, he understood that fame didn't stop simply because you didn't feel good. However, he draped an arm over Taehyung's slumped shoulders protectively and shuffled them in between their hyungs. Jimin eyed him cautiously, but Jeongguk only gave him a pleading look in return. Softening, Jimin straightened his mask and took Taehyung's hand. The boy mumbled something and Jeongguk leaned closer, "What was that, hyung?"

"Thank you," Taehyung breathed, his voice wavering too much for Jeongguk's liking.

Jimin heard it too. "Are you sure you're alright, Taetae?"

Taehyung nodded, but he didn't speak. Jeongguk pursed his lips, but then they were inside the building and Seokjin was opening the door to the dance studio's breakroom for the three maknaes. The eldest frowned at Taehyung but didn't say a word. Jeongguk wished he would. If he couldn't talk sense into the boy, maybe one of the hyungs could.

"How's your head?" Namjoon asked, tilting Taehyung's chin up with his index finger and squinting into his glassy eyes.

"I'm fine, hyung," Taehyung insisted, pulling away from the leader's hand.

Jeongguk frowned at him. Sure, he'd be a hypocrite if he scolded Taehyung for not putting his health first, but it still upset him to see his lover in such a state. "Taehyung-ssi, will you please just sit down for a bit? We can run through the choreography and you can watch."

Taehyung looked at him, his eyes going in and out of focus as his pupils struggled to dilate correctly. "No, Kookie. I won't learn that way, and I'm one of the people holding us back."

"You can say our names, you know," Namjoon joked as he flung an arm around Seokjin, trying to lighten the mood. "We know you're talking about us."

The eldest wrinkled his nose. "I'm feeling so attacked right now."

Jeongguk smiled supportively at Taehyung. "Come on, hyung, get some rest. We don't need you getting any more sick."

"It's just a headache," Taehyung grumbled.

Jeongguk raised his eyebrows, not buying it. When the elder had woken up that morning, the first thing he did was cry out in misery when Jeongguk turned on the lights, his eyes too sensitive to remain open. That wasn't caused by "just a headache."

Suddenly, Jimin shot Jeongguk a mischievous look, and the youngest immediately understood what he was thinking. Back when they were the only maknaes in the group, they had done it plenty of times to Yoongi when he was too stubborn to rest.

"Then can I at least help you change your shoes?" Jeongguk asked sweetly, stepping closer.

Yoongi looked up from his phone, and his eyes clouded over with mirth at the familiar phrase. When it was with him, though, Jimin was the one who always said it.

Taehyung hesitated before deciding the request was innocent enough and offered a nod. Jeongguk gestured for him to put his foot up on his thigh, knowing that he wouldn't be able to hold himself upright. Sure enough, the poor boy lost his balance and stepped backwards, deciding to plop into the chair Jimin slid behind him to try again. He would have been successful if Jeongguk didn't dive on him, wrapping his arms and legs around the boy's confused body. "Now, Jiminie-hyung!"