Keep Running: The Arrival.

As we arrived the next morning at the zone we noticed 3 other killjoys, who looked like they had been the for a long time. We got out the car to greet them "Hi, I'm Rapid Ve..." I got cut off. "Your dads Fun Ghoul, right?" I bit down on my lip maybe a little too hard causing it to bleed "Ehh, yeah why?" "Hes a legend back in Battery City" she said. "Anyway, as I was saying I'm Rapid Venom. This is Adrenalin Danger Heart, Neon Angel, Helena Poison, Cyanide Heart, Vampire Bunny and Radioactive Ghost" she gave us a warm smile "Well, I'm Cyanide Killer and these are my two friends Lethal Hydrogen and Battery Heart" they both gave us waves as Cyanide Killer mentioned there names.

8 hours later and I went to talk to Cyanide Killer, the sun was just beginning to set over the sandy dry hills of the desert. "Hey Cyanide Killer, can I talk to you quickly?" "Yeah, sure you can" she smiled and got up of the dusty floor. "So what'ya want?" she said in a playful voice. "Well, I wanted to know if its okay if we could stay here for the night?" I sounded serious, maybe a little to serious. "Yeah, sure you can." a smile lit up on her face causing me to smile back. We decided to head back to the camp after getting to know each other a little more, I didn't explain the whole thing with my dad. It was still a sensitive topic for me to talk about. When we got back to the camp everyone was laughing like fools, as me and Cyanide Killer joined the group. After we all ate something, I got up to unload the car. Danger got up to help me hand out the blankets, when it began to cloud over... "Looks like rain" Lethal Hydrogen joked. It never rains in the desert, its just sunny but when it does rain it lasts for about a day then clears. We heard a thunder rumble in the distance. "Yep definitely rain.. Well, maybe a thunder storm." Battery Heart laughed, as the first droplets of rain began to fall, I looked up at the sky as the drops fell onto my face, the water felt pure and cold on my warm skin. I got distracted as a flash of lightening lit up the sky... We quickly ran over to the others and set up camp, it wasn't very good but it sheltered us all.

As I just lay there for a few minutes listening to the sound of the rain on the waterproof mat that lays on 4 sticks above my head, I remembered when me and my dad would just sit there watching the rain fall, I fell a sleep smiling to that memory.