Planned Escape

Chapter 13 

Planned Escape

*Amelia's POV*

"We need to get out of here. We've been in here for forever and I'm getting anxious," I told Drake.

"Do you have your cell phone?" Drake asked me.

"Yes! We could call for help or something!" I replied happy.

I ran over to the ride of the room and grabbed my jacket. I took my cell phone out and checked for service. But something caught my attention. A text message.

'You probably are wondering why nobody has came for you yet. The answer is simple. I told them that the owner was taking some time off from being in business for so long and he needed a break. You can try to call for help but you might want to watch where you go. And if you are able to reach somebody, they'll think you're crazy. I've made up excuses for every single one of you. Whether you believe me or not is your choice. Let the games continue.

-Farewell contestant.'

I don't know if I should believe this psycho or not. But I'm taking a chance and I'm calling somebody.

After the third ring Meghan picked up.

"Hey, I haven't heard from you since you went on that vacation. When are you coming back?" Meghan said.

I went on a vacation? Oh no I don't think so! This psycho is going down and I'm getting the hell out of here.

"Listen to me Meghan. I'm not on a vacation. I'm stuck at the market and there's this psycho trying to kill everybody." I said.

"What? That's crazy Ammy and you know it! What game are you playing?" Meghan replied.

"I'm not playing any game except the one where I have to fight for my life! So I need you to call the police and-" I started but the connection was going out.

"Hello?" I replied.

No answer.

I pulled my phone from my ear and looked at the screen. No service but I did get one new message. A private number. The same private number from the last message more than likely.

'It looks like you're trying to get the upper hand. You won't be able to escape that quickly, Amelia. You still have yet to be discovered and I might just know where you are. I could be standing right outside that very door that separates you from me. That could be the only barrier that stops me from snapping that pretty little neck of yours. And you might want to inform your lover, Drake I think his name is, about this. I'm sure he won't take it lightly. 

-Until next time, my lovely.

*Check on the table to your right. It might just save your life*'

I put the phone down slowly and turned to my right. I walked over to the table and my breath got caught in my throat. On the table was a note neatly folded up with my name wrote elegantly on it. I took a shaky breath and picked up the note with shaking hands. I unfolded it and read what it said: