chapter three

Bounce. Bounce, bounce. Whoosh, plop. "Ugh! I keep on missing!"

It was almost like the basketball hoop kept moving away from me when I wanted it to come towards me. I was playing basketball to get my mind off of things when, out of nowhere, my mom came home.

Why was she home this early?

She always left home to go to Mother Circle at 9:20-9:30ish in the morning, and usually comes back around 2pm. But, today she came home now. At 12:30. In the afternoon.

She came out of the car wearing her blue Life Is Good t-shirt and jean capris. She was also carrying her yellow and purple purse and her hair was in a neat-but-messy bun.

"Umm... Hi, mom," I walked up to her and hugged her.

"Hi, Beth. And I know you're wondering why I came home so early," she said as if reading my mind. "We decided we would have an off week, so we could spend some time with the family. Also, Mrs. Lakely told me to tell you that everything's alright, but she had to take Lucy to the vet."

"What happened to Lucy?" I asked in the middle of coughing. I call them my 'Cough Attacks'. I just keep on coughing a lot all the time.

Lucy, the Lakelys' 18-year-old Golden Retriever had been with them for about, what, seventeen years now? She has had two surgeries and she is missing her left back leg. She used to be an army dog, so now whenever the Fourth of July fireworks go off, she gets so scared. One time they said that they found her hiding in their basement in the closet. Poor girl.

"Oh, well, she just needs to get her shots," she assured me.

"I hope she's ok," I said while looking at my feet. I could feel some tears coming. And I started to cough. And cough.

"Oh, I'm sure she's fine," but even mom looked away, "Speaking of shots, you have a doctor's appointment at two o'clock."

I nodded. Just an appointment, I told myself.

We walked in the doctor's office and that was when the smell came. Every time we go there it either smells like fresh strawberries, Mountain Dew, or metal. Today it was metal.

~~~~~~~~~~

lol that was eventful amiright? hope you enjoyed. :)